Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
iTunes has really been annoying me lately (ever since iCloud). A while back I bought the free single of the week, which is not listed under the main album but a separate singles album. For instance, the song I got was 'Amsterdam' off 'Amsterdam - Single' instead of 'Night Visions'. A couple months later, I decide to buy the album 'Night Visions' by Imagine dragons on iTunes. Now I have two different versions of 'Amsterdam' from two different albums. Since these are the exact same song, I would only like one song to appear in my iTunes. You would think I could just delete one and then everything would be fine, but no. I delete one and instead of it disappearing from my iTunes library, it stays as an iCloud purchase. I know I can just simply turn off iCloud purchases altogether, but then when I purchase something on my iPhone, the song doesnt automatically appear on my other iCloud devices... annoying. I also have the issue with songs I purchased as singles off iTunes and later bought the CD at target or something. Do I delete the song off the album or do I just have duplicates that will mess up my shuffle? I could just delete the one from the CD and rename the album off the purchased one, but if I do that then I am afraid iTunes will loose the association between the iCloud version and the purchased AAC file on my hard drive. I know this might sound a little odd that I am so nit picky about this but I like to have a neat and tidy (borderline OCD maybe? haha) music library and small things like this bother me. I do not like to have a song that is suppose to be part of an album, not listed under that album because when I go to play the whole album, it will be missing.

Has anyone else found this frustrating? Does anyone have a solution? I would like to keep iCloud on but hate all the duplicates it creates.

DannyDrama

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
Delete the song from the single off your purchased list. I had this problem, it took me two annoyed calls to apple to get the duplicates removed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.