Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is Apple crippling iOS 7 crippling devices capabilities?

• Yes!

Votes: 48 39.0%
  • No!

Votes: 75 61.0%

• Total voters

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
No. IOS7 is the way forward, like it or not. The flat look is in fashion at the moment.

There are always complaints about the performance of a new version of an OS.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
No. IOS7 is the way forward, like it or not. The flat look is in fashion at the moment.

There are always complaints about the performance of a new version of an OS.

The complaints aren't really about the look and the performance.
Most people complain about a lot of small usability mistakes and some big usability mistakes (like the calendar and music apps). And there's the crashes of course, although they got a lot better with 7.0.4.

Does iOS7 cripple iDevices in general? Difficult to say. On an iPhone it could be too hard a judgement.
On an iPod touch however it certainly does. The new music app is retarded beyond any excuse. Pushing it out as an update to a device that's specialized on music playback is a blatant disregard of usability. I think iOS7 did cripple my iPod because I wouldn't buy the device again for the same money knowing that it runs iOS7. iOS7 (particularly the music app) has devalued my iPod.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I get a lot more crashes from iOS7 than iOS6 - but Apple will fix these bugs. It s a new revision so I expect it to be buggier than the last version of iOS6 - but thats not to let apple off the hook - its typical of software.

What is wrong with the music App? Genuine question.

Personally, I think the Calendar is a lot better than iOS6.

The complaints aren't really about the look and the performance.
Most people complain about a lot of small usability mistakes and some big usability mistakes (like the calendar and music apps). And there's the crashes of course, although they got a lot better with 7.0.4.

Does iOS7 cripple iDevices in general? Difficult to say. On an iPhone it could be too hard a judgement.
On an iPod touch however it certainly does. The new music app is retarded beyond any excuse. Pushing it out as an update to a device that's specialized on music playback is a blatant disregard of usability. I think iOS7 did cripple my iPod because I wouldn't buy the device again for the same money knowing that it runs iOS7. iOS7 (particularly the music app) has devalued my iPod.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I get a lot more crashes from iOS7 than iOS6 - but Apple will fix these bugs. It s a new revision so I expect it to be buggier than the last version of iOS6 - but thats not to let apple off the hook - its typical of software.

What is wrong with the music App? Genuine question.

Personally, I think the Calendar is a lot better than iOS6.
What's better about the calendar app?

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Yes, IMO they are, 7 is a disaster to me, maybe others like it but I think this iOS is horrible.

I have considered going to an Android phone because this is so bad, but everything I have is Apple and it would make it hard to switch, but iOS7 is a failure IMO.

Aug 5, 2013
i wouldn't say they are crippling them. What they seem to have done with iOS7 though is focus too much on the aesthetic than the usability. Im a designer so I'm all about aesthetics but they have to follow function. Apple have done it backwards in my opinion.

The music app is a pain in the ass to use and I'm never quite sure where I am in that app.

The calendar is painfully uninformative and also a nightmare to use simply because they wanted it to look clean and simple.

The photos app is just a mess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.