Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has posted a teaser page on its Australian online Apple Store for a "one-day Apple shopping event" on Friday, November 29th.

blackfridayapple2013-800x169.png
The one-day Apple shopping event is Friday, 29 November.

Shop online and get free shipping, or visit your favourite Apple Retail Store.
Black Friday, which is a major shopping day in the United States and several other countries, marks the kickoff of the holiday shopping season. On Black Friday, retailers often offer significant discounts on popular products to lure customers into their stores.

Apple's international online and retail stores also participate in these sales, though Apple's discounts tend to be very modest. Last year's discounts for Apple's core products were as follows (in USD):

- iPad with Retina Display - $41 Off
- iPad 2 - $31 Off
- iPod touch - $ 31 Off
- iPod touch 4th Generation - $21 Off
- iPod nano - $11 Off
- MacBook Pro with Retina - $101 Off
- MacBook Pro - $101 Off
- MacBook Air - $101 Off

For absolute savings, customers will have better luck with third- party merchants that tend to offer steeper discounts on Apple products on Black Friday. We have also gathered all of the best deals on Apple products and accessories into a comprehensive roundup.

Article Link: Apple Posts Black Friday 2013 'One-Day Shopping Event' Teaser

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Apple, you have to learn how to do holiday sales from the retail giants like Walmart or BestBuy.

Stop these lowball offers... it really looks cheap!

moxxey

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Apple, you have to learn how to do holiday sales from the retail giants like Walmart or BestBuy.

Stop these lowball offers... it really looks cheap!

Erm, why? They don't *need* to offer any offers. iPad is selling well, so are the MacBooks. Why do they need to offer 'huge' discounts.

Black Friday is a retailer event. Apple is primarily a manufacturer.

Where's the rule that - because American's came up with 'Black Friday' - somehow everyone has to suddenly offer deep discounts? Surreal.

machestnut

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2009
Florida
What????

APPLE c'mon this just looks crazy. With your genius marketing staff this is the best you can do. You're better then this. :rolleyes:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Seems like Apple should take a hint from Target and Walmart. Why not offer Apple gift cards? That way it would look like they're offering a $200 discount, when really they're just having you shop more.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
So...this is just the Australian store now from what I can see (and what the article says). I can't imagine that this year's US discounts will be much different from what they've been in the past, but perhaps those of you complaining could save your complaints until we know what's actually happening.

(Or buy elsewhere, since it's usually a better deal regardless.)

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
APPLE c'mon this just looks crazy. With your genius marketing staff this is the best you can do. You're better then this. :rolleyes:

The one thing I want and there's no discount. Oh well.

So...this is just the Australian store now from what I can see (and what the article says). I can't imagine that this year's US discounts will be much different from what they've been in the past, but perhaps those of you complaining could save your complaints until we know what's actually happening.

(Or buy elsewhere, since it's usually a better deal regardless.)

That was last year's Black Friday deals.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
Erm, why? They don't *need* to offer any offers. iPad is selling well, so are the MacBooks. Why do they need to offer 'huge' discounts.

Black Friday is a retailer event. Apple is primarily a manufacturer.

Where's the rule that - because American's came up with 'Black Friday' - somehow everyone has to suddenly offer deep discounts? Surreal.

Then why are they?

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I don't recall claiming anything different.

Sorry read it as "I can't imagine the US discounts are going to be any different, which would be silly". Also I didn't notice it was you otherwise I would know you would have known better.

My not-had-any-coffee-yet is obviously showing throught :D

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
In the past, could you combine Apple's Black Friday discounts with the student/teacher discounts?

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
I never understand why people complain about Apple's sales prices during this sort of event. I was planning to order an iPod Touch from them anyway in the next week or so.

Now it costs me a little less than it would have. :cool:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Then why are they?

Apple is participating in Black Friday - but just marginally. It's so Apple can SAY that they participated, but without actually undermining their high-priced brand.

This is a HUGE deal to consumers. If a consumer can get something at a really cheap price - why buy during the rest of the year? Name some other 'high-priced brand' that is offering deep discounts? There are none.

Also, if you notice, Best Buy will offer a 60" TV for like $500, but it's only for the first 2 people in line. Everyone else pays full price. Apple, on the other hand, is giving the small discount to EVERYONE, not just the first 2 in line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.