Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iaymnu

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2007
My third replacement which is a F2 has no problems. (flickering/interlacing.. etc.)
Replaced a C39 for due to touch ID and yellowing on screen.
Replaced a DN for the same problem with yellowing and the  genius said it was glue spots. :confused:
The replacement screen is more vivid than the first one I got.
Its a lottery with all builds.

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
What is the serial# correlation for the 5S? Are there any DN or C3 serial AT&T out there? Every single one I've ever seen has been F1 or F2. And at the Apple store, all the Verizon phones are DN.

patrickbarnes

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
My C39 screen has perfect colors etc, but a huge cluster of stuck/bright pixels. I'll have to swap it soon, but I was waiting until they'd gone through a couple of revisions on the production lines.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
What is the serial# correlation for the 5S? Are there any DN or C3 serial AT&T out there? Every single one I've ever seen has been F1 or F2. And at the Apple store, all the Verizon phones are DN.

Mine is an AT&T C39 with no color issues nor interlacing. I cannot tell any difference from my 5.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
All the guys with DN serial number how is your battery life? I really believe that the DN mine starts with DNP have bad battery life well at least mine does.

Sorry to move to a different topic and couldn't find a DN thread.

This is mine and starts with DN

Attachments

• IMG_0032.PNG
    IMG_0032.PNG
    87.6 KB · Views: 128

JackSpearo

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I have a DN and I'm in total love with it. Beautiful screen, no rattles or loose buttons, nada.

I'm still just upset it doesn't support band 7 cause I live in Spain now, but it is remarkably faster than my old phone, The 3G.
I got that 3G on the night of the release and it still works. I keep it as a backup phone for traveling to dangerous countries.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Had 2 x F2 - No interlacing issues but the screens were yellow and washed out.
Had 2 x F1 - First one had terrible interlacing issues. Gave me a headache. No lose buttons, beautiful, crisp white screen, vibrant colors. Interlacing made me take it back. My phone now, F1 number 2, minimal interlacing to the point where it's noticeably maybe once a week. Screen is beautiful, crisp white. Vibrant colors. Power button a bit lose but it's fine. Keeping it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
If you think a serial number guarantees a good or bad screen, you are in no uncertain terms, delusional, misinformed, and since it's been said many times but you refuse to listen, deaf.

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
If you think a serial number guarantees a good or bad screen, you are in no uncertain terms, delusional, misinformed, and since it's been said many times but you refuse to listen, deaf.
Ditto.
I was at the 5th Ave store today and checked some of the phones. The phones manufactured at the same factories had both bad and good screens in terms of interlacing. So it is a lottery indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.