Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Anyone found a dock made for the Air yet? I don't want an older dock that the Air will fit but something like the iPhone 5s dock. It would be nicer than laying it on the floor while charging. I'm no opposed to a clock radio for a charging dock. I just don't know how many accessories there are for the Air yet,

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Anyone found a dock made for the Air yet? I don't want an older dock that the Air will fit but something like the iPhone 5s dock. It would be nicer than laying it on the floor while charging. I'm no opposed to a clock radio for a charging dock. I just don't know how many accessories there are for the Air yet,

http://www.fuzdesigns.com/#Meet-Dock

It is made for any device including the iPad air.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Looks perfect but no mention of 5th gen iPad. I'd be anxious to hear you update the thread when you get it.

It's adjustable, and if it's adjustable between an IPhone 5, a Mini, and an iPad 4, it will work with the Air. Guaranteed. The only issue will be the case you have the Air in.....it needs to have a cutout near the lightning port that is at least the size of the old 30 pin connector. Otherwise the lightning plug may not seat deep enough.

Unfortunately, I'll be using it with my Retina Mini with a Speck shell that will work, so I can't check it with the Air for you.

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Ok great. Expensive...

The Apple Dock was $39...and it was made out of plastic that wouldn't fit a case. I'm not saying that these aren't pricey, but for the functionality as well as the quality of build, I think it's well worth $10 more. (Less if you count that there's no tax on the Everdock.)

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
The Apple Dock was $39...and it was made out of plastic that wouldn't fit a case. I'm not saying that these aren't pricey, but for the functionality as well as the quality of build, I think it's well worth $10 more. (Less if you count that there's no tax on the Everdock.)

In that perspective yes it is a great buy! I really want one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.