Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I read several reviews about numerous iPad styluses, and the consensus seemed to be that this one of the best, so I purchased it from their online store over a week ago, but I have yet to receive an email indicating when it will be shipped or when it will arrive.

My credit card has been charged, and I can see the transaction on my PayPal account, but I haven't heard a single word from them. I emailed them yesterday afternoon, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Has anyone else ordered this stylus recently and heard any news?

needscissors61

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
I've order this product several months ago. The quality and appearance of the stylus is second to one, and it's something people ask me about...constantly. I can also attest to the long shipping times; it took the product almost 2 1/2 weeks to get to me, but you must remember that you are importing it.

You should have received an email with a tracking number to foreign courier service : http://www.deutschepost.de/dpag?xmlFile=1016933&lang=de_en and eventually that same tracking number will be used to track the product on the USPS website when it arrives in the US.

As far as not receiving an email yet, I would recommend checking your junk/spam folders to see if it possibly ended up there.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
According to a few forum members in another topic, Applydea informed them about their current backlog (due to holiday season) and a belated delivery.

I do hope you'll get yours soon. In the meantime, be asured the Maglus will prove to be worth a little waiting ;-)

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
I ordered this last Friday (a week ago) and was charged as well. I emailed them a few days ago. They emailed me on Thursday and said that they had experienced an unprecedented order spike and that they were out of stock in their U.S. depot, but that it would be shipped to me this coming Friday at the latest, since their US depot would be replenished by then.

Hope that helps.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I ordered this last Friday (a week ago) and was charged as well. I emailed them a few days ago. They emailed me on Thursday and said that they had experienced an unprecedented order spike and that they were out of stock in their U.S. depot, but that it would be shipped to me this coming Friday at the latest, since their US depot would be replenished by then.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the replies. I just received the email earlier today, and they basically said the same thing--that it would be dispatched by this Friday the latest.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Good for you! If possible, please let us know your thoughts on the Maglus.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
i had this stylus but gave it up for a stylus/pen combo. this is the best stylus that one can get! that is a fact!

Saxify2013

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
Maglus -Non-existent Customer Service

My problem with Maglus & customer support: there is NO customer support, and they are NOT good to deal with. Buy a different product -they DO NOT guarantee their product, and they do NOT stand behind it.

Hello, I purchased my stylus last fall. It is great, except that the rubber grips on the sides are now sliding around, and the edges have become sticky. I would like to have the problem fixed.
This message was sent to xxxx in reference to Case #: 1089.

Their response:

KW
Subject: Problems with Stylus grip
FEB 03, 2013 | 10:12PM UTC
Ross Burke replied:
Hi there.
If you send the stylus to us here in Ireland we can repair it and send it back to you. However, considering the time and shipping costs involved, I suggest that you use superglue to fix the problem at far less effort and expense.
Kind regards,
Ross
JAN 31, 2013 | 03:10PM

I tried your suggestion. Superglue needs two surfaces in total contact. Your system has the rubber grip larger than the indented area, and obviously relied on the glue to fill the void. Superglue does not work that way.

This, to me, reflects poorly on your product. I paid a lot of money for what is quickly proving to be a substandard product. It should certainly last more than 6 months.

Your excuse that it is too costly to return and repair is unacceptable. Your product has not held up. Replacement, if not repair, at your expense, would be the accepted and proper response.

I am not impressed, and will make my views known.

K
3Feb2013

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
It took almost three weeks from when I placed my order, but I finally received my Maglus today in the mail. I have only been able to use it for a little while, but I'm liking it so far. As others have mentioned, the shape of it is a little odd, but it works. I like the weight of the pen and the length.

It seems much nicer than the Nataal stylus I used previously (which I lost). It's heavier and the tip is firmer which I like. It also doesn't appear to have as much friction on the screen as the Nataal which is good. It was however almost 4 times more expensive :/

I'll try using it for a longer period of time and see if my opinions on it change.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
$40.00 + ???

I almost ordered this stylus, but with the currency exchange rate, it would have cost over $40, and well, I just cannot see spending that kind of money on a stylus. For those of you who purchased one, do you truly think that it is worth that kind of money? Or should I save my $$ and look elsewhere? I use a stylus for basic stuff like turning pages and typing emails, not for drawing or writing. Thank you for your help.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I almost ordered this stylus, but with the currency exchange rate, it would have cost over $40, and well, I just cannot see spending that kind of money on a stylus. For those of you who purchased one, do you truly think that it is worth that kind of money? Or should I save my $$ and look elsewhere? I use a stylus for basic stuff like turning pages and typing emails, not for drawing or writing. Thank you for your help.

For the basic stuff you're naming, I use my index finger(s).
Nevertheless, my wife is using my Arctic Architect stylus that is too sticky to draw, but rather good for the basic operations.

Luis2004

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2012
It took almost three weeks from when I placed my order, but I finally received my Maglus today in the mail. I have only been able to use it for a little while, but I'm liking it so far. As others have mentioned, the shape of it is a little odd, but it works. I like the weight of the pen and the length.

It seems much nicer than the Nataal stylus I used previously (which I lost). It's heavier and the tip is firmer which I like. It also doesn't appear to have as much friction on the screen as the Nataal which is good. It was however almost 4 times more expensive :/

I'll try using it for a longer period of time and see if my opinions on it change.

I just received mine today as well. I'm very impressed...the weight is perfect, and the handwriting is more responsive and accurate than the Bamboo and Boxwave mesh stylus.

It was pricey, but I think it will be worth it, especially considering they threw in the extra tip.

The cloth, though, sucks for cleaning the screen, it just pushes the oils around, lol.

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
I just received mine today as well. I'm very impressed...the weight is perfect, and the handwriting is more responsive and accurate than the Bamboo and Boxwave mesh stylus.

It was pricey, but I think it will be worth it, especially considering they threw in the extra tip.

The cloth, though, sucks for cleaning the screen, it just pushes the oils around, lol.

Couldn't agree more with everything you posted.

Got mine yesterday as well and simply can't stop using it. Love how the tip is a bit more rigid than your standard tip so writing is such a pleasure. :)

magU

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
Reward to the readers of this blog "Applydea Maglus"
with 10 % of discount in the purchase, only following this link:

http://applydea.refr.cc/2L44TJM

Regards

WOW ! I can't believe the Applydea team have teh guts to come to this forum and give potential customers a 10% discount !!!

How about you actually deliver the product to customers who have paid for your product ? (forget about service - that's not in your lexicon - just the product arriving to paid customer may just be your abilities).

If you look around the internet be it social media or otherwise you will find far too many unsatisfied customers, not with the product but the lack of service and infact the lack of actual delivery of the product or immense delays.

I have waited for more than 3 months and no response to any of my queries.

You have been WARNED ! Stay away from these guys and their product. It's not worth the hassle, pay less or more and get a product you will actually receive.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
WOW ! I can't believe the Applydea team have teh guts to come to this forum and give potential customers a 10% discount !!!

How about you actually deliver the product to customers who have paid for your product ? (forget about service - that's not in your lexicon - just the product arriving to paid customer may just be your abilities).

If you look around the internet be it social media or otherwise you will find far too many unsatisfied customers, not with the product but the lack of service and infact the lack of actual delivery of the product or immense delays.

I have waited for more than 3 months and no response to any of my queries.

You have been WARNED ! Stay away from these guys and their product. It's not worth the hassle, pay less or more and get a product you will actually receive.

While I do agree with Applydea having delivery issues, I have a totally different perception of their customer service.
When I reported a problem I had with the rubber strips, a replacement set was promptly sent to me.
My repair didn't go too well, and a new stylus was sent to me.
All contacts went through e-mail, and responses were quick, to the point and clear. YMMV

magU

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
While I do agree with Applydea having delivery issues, I have a totally different perception of their customer service.
When I reported a problem I had with the rubber strips, a replacement set was promptly sent to me.
My repair didn't go too well, and a new stylus was sent to me.
All contacts went through e-mail, and responses were quick, to the point and clear. YMMV

I am begging to respond to my emails since it's been more than 3 months no response to my emails and many others can tell you the same ...see FaceBook and Twitter for other customers.

I am glad you've had a good experience from them but I feel disgusted at their customer service simply because they don't give a **** about their customers whom they have actually ripped off by taking the money and not sending the product and it makes it worse by a silence in communication not only in email but no answers from their telephone number, no response to tweets or FB posts ?

What else can a customer whose paid money to cow-boys do ?

I think, it's time to report them to the trading standards or similar body in Ireland. :mad:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I am begging to respond to my emails since it's been more than 3 months no response to my emails and many others can tell you the same ...see FaceBook and Twitter for other customers.

I am glad you've had a good experience from them but I feel disgusted at their customer service simply because they don't give a **** about their customers whom they have actually ripped off by taking the money and not sending the product and it makes it worse by a silence in communication not only in email but no answers from their telephone number, no response to tweets or FB posts ?

What else can a customer whose paid money to cow-boys do ?

I think, it's time to report them to the trading standards or similar body in Ireland. :mad:

Well, I understand your frustration.
From Applydea's blog, I understand they're awaiting a new production batch.
I hope you'll eventually receive the Maglus you paid for.

tandeh

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
good stylus bit heavy but did the job, easy to damage the tip, especially if you have kids. Delivery took an age, so be warned, i think Pencil by 53 gives this stiff competition, as do the new kickstarter pen type ones.

magU

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
Well, I understand your frustration.
From Applydea's blog, I understand they're awaiting a new production batch.
I hope you'll eventually receive the Maglus you paid for.

Months !!! I've been nice, giving them the benefit of doubt, after all they are a start-up, being patient, trying to get in touch with them all the way possible, sending all types of emails, trying to call them as good old telephone call may sort things out but they don't want their customers to contact them.

Yes, I also read on their blog that they were facing issues on their production but surely that should be fixed by now. If not, don't take orders from customers that you cannot fullfill.

I had ready one or two p***ed off customers before making the purchase since I wasn't too happy with my previous styluses and thought would give them a chance which I now regret.....a good thing it didn't get funded from that kick-starter-type site but they did pull it off production, shame they couldn't pull of sales and after-care.

They don't even have the b***s to come here or elsewhere and address their customers' concerns when their customers have been dying to get a response from them.

There's one thing not being able to deliver and there's another thing not willing to deal with your customers and pretending the problem will be over when you wake up tomorrow morning. Well they need to wake up and smell the coffee because FiftyThree have just released the Pencil so good bye ApplyWho....

I don't know of any company that would do it's best to p**** of their customers....except this "company". :mad:

tandeh

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2009
Months !!! I've been nice, giving them the benefit of doubt, after all they are a start-up, being patient, trying to get in touch with them all the way possible, sending all types of emails, trying to call them as good old telephone call may sort things out but they don't want their customers to contact them.

Yes, I also read on their blog that they were facing issues on their production but surely that should be fixed by now. If not, don't take orders from customers that you cannot fullfill.

I had ready one or two p***ed off customers before making the purchase since I wasn't too happy with my previous styluses and thought would give them a chance which I now regret.....a good thing it didn't get funded from that kick-starter-type site but they did pull it off production, shame they couldn't pull of sales and after-care.

They don't even have the b***s to come here or elsewhere and address their customers' concerns when their customers have been dying to get a response from them.

There's one thing not being able to deliver and there's another thing not willing to deal with your customers and pretending the problem will be over when you wake up tomorrow morning. Well they need to wake up and smell the coffee because FiftyThree have just released the Pencil so good bye ApplyWho....

I don't know of any company that would do it's best to p**** of their customers....except this "company". :mad:

The thing is i purchased it over a year ago, i can't believe they are still having production issues, don't think i'll be dealing with them again, I was thinking of re-ordering as mine was stolen/lost in uni., but that idea is out of the question now.

magU

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2013
The thing is i purchased it over a year ago, i can't believe they are still having production issues, don't think i'll be dealing with them again, I was thinking of re-ordering as mine was stolen/lost in uni., but that idea is out of the question now.

Dude, check out Pencil by http://www.fiftythree.com/ who have the amazing Paper app...and I was always wishing in secret that they would bring out a styli and finally they have....has some raving reviews..and I know they actually care about their customers and have the supply chain in check....can't say much about Applydea ...

I'm also looking @ another styli for writing purpose...the adonit evernote version.

If you don't want the hassle of trying to get your money back for something you have not received then don't waste your time with this Applydea jokers..

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
1990 called, they want their stylus technology back.

Seriously, if you need a stylus maybe your finger is just too fat.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
1990 called, they want their stylus technology back.

Seriously, if you need a stylus maybe your finger is just too fat.

1982 called, you've been recalled due to serious problems with your ability to see beyond your own narrow point of view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.