Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I've never played chess before in my life, and I'm looking for a game that has a tutor aspect to it. Kind of like Rosetta Stone but with chess. I don't want to just read a quick rundown somewhere and then jump into yahoo games or something like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some software that fits the bill? Preferably free or inexpensive, but all suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I've never played chess before in my life, and I'm looking for a game that has a tutor aspect to it. Kind of like Rosetta Stone but with chess. I don't want to just read a quick rundown somewhere and then jump into yahoo games or something like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some software that fits the bill? Preferably free or inexpensive, but all suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

The chess game that comes with Mac OSX and this Wikipedia Article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess#Rules

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
Yes, you do need a DVD drive though.

Edwin

It would be nice to see this on MAS... along with Black and White 2 and Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Just saying!

Oh, while I am being demanding, can we please have DiRT 3 at some point. It is an awesome game but now my bootcamp partition has gone bye bye. Yes, I am free at last! :D

Oh, and I hope you guys are working on Shogun 2.

And, and, and... lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.