Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darshie76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I never thought that a simple operation would result in such a complex sequence...I have a ton of files, which are encoded at different audio settings: some are 128k, some 256, some stereo, some mono.

I want to uniform some of them in groups; converting them all in a single format and using a single audio format for all of them.

For example, I would like to have some files with AAC codec, 22050 samplerate, at 64 bitrate in mono; while I want others in stereo 44100 at 128 bitrate.

Now, I can do so going in each file, modify its settings and add it to the queue.

I was surprised to see that there is no way to actually clone a preset, and save it after that you modify; nor there is a way to tell handbrake, to grab all the clips with this profile and make them the same.

Strange enough, the compression settings sticks, while the audio won't...resulting in some clips being re-encoded with their original audio, instead than the one that I have set, unless I go one by one and change it, and then add them to the queue (which takes ages).

I tried to create a new profile, so I can set it in the way that I want, but somehow, no matter what options I choose, the video is always coming out distorted, which won't happen with the standard presets.

I am quite at loss honestly, and before starting to explore options to use ffmpeg via command line, and script everything in python or shell script, I thought that it is worth to give a shot and ask around....you may know something that I can't see.

Thanks!

darshie76

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Found a work around...I just change the settings and then create a new preset; in this way the settings sticks....talking about ease of use :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.