Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Black Friday, which falls on November 29 this year, will see multiple retailers offering discounts on Apple's lineup of Macs, including the Retina MacBook Pro, the MacBook Air, and the iMac. While Mac discounts haven't been as popular as iPad discounts, there are still some great deals available from retailers like Best Buy, MacMall, and Amazon, which will price match the lowest available price.

macbook_pro_13_15_late_2013.jpg
We've listed the best Mac deals from our Black Friday Roundup below, but these discounts are likely to be popular so customers aiming to get a good price should purchase early.

11 and 13-inch MacBook Air

Best Buy is offering a $150 blanket discount on all MacBook Airs, beginning on Friday, November 29 at 10 AM. Customers will be able to take advantage of the deal both online and in Best Buy stores.

MacMall will be offering a $102 discount on both the 11 and 13-inch MacBook Air models, dropping the price of the entry level 11.6-inch MacBook Air to $897 and the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Air to $997. MacMall's deals are available online.

Because Best Buy charges sales tax in all states, many customers may find that MacMall's deals offer higher discounts. MacMall only charges sales tax in California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Tennessee, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.

13-inch Retina MacBook Pro

As one of its "Doorbuster Deals." Best Buy is offering a $200 discount on the entry-level 13.3-inch Retina MacBook Pro, which comes to $1,099.99.

MacMall is offering $102 off of its stock of 13-inch Retina MacBook Pros, bringing the price of the entry-level model down to $1,187.

15-inch Retina Macbook Pro

Best Buy is offering a $150 blanket discount on all of its 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros, bringing the cost of the entry-level model down to $1,849. This deal is available both online and in-store now

MacMall is offering $150 off on current generation standard configuration 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros. Other 15-inch models are $102 off. MacMall's prices, which are available now, will offer a better deal to customers who do not live in one of the states where the company charges sales tax.

iMac

Best Buy will be offering a $200 discount on the entry-level 21.5 iMac, dropping the price from $1,299 to $1,099. The discount is available now.

MacMall is offering a $102 discount on both 21.5 and 27-inch iMacs, which will be available online beginning today at 12 PM PT.

Apple TV, Airport Express, iTunes Gift Cards

Other notable discounts from Best Buy on Apple accessories include a $15 discount on the Apple TV, a $20 discount on the Airport Extreme, and a $100 iTunes card for $85.

For a full list of deals on Apple products ranging from iPads and iPhones to Macs and accessories, make sure to check out our Black Friday Roundup and our guide on how to get the best deal on an iPad. Our roundup includes a list of deals on hardware, accessories, software, and apps, and will be updated as new deals become available.

Article Link: Black Friday 2013: Best Deals on the Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
So for MacMall, I know their standard price for a base 13in MBA is $1049, which is already discounted from Apple's $1099. So will we then see the price drop an additional $102 down to $947? Because if so, that's pretty phenomenal!

EDIT: Nevermind, I should learn to read. I'll leave this here so people can learn from my misfortune.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
Keep in mind that these deals is that they apply to stock models. This is a problem, especially for MacBooks, where you are pretty much stuck with the RAM and SSD you bought the machine with. Who in their right mind buys a laptop with 4GB of RAM these days! :eek:

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Thanks MacRumors for encouraging tax evasion.

----------

Keep in mind that these deals is that they apply to stock models. This is a problem, especially for MacBooks, where you are pretty much stuck with the RAM and SSD you bought the machine with. Who in their right mind buys a laptop with 4GB of RAM these days! :eek:

Maybe the 80% of people who just browse the web, read and write email, and look at their photos?

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
MacMall has lost my business. As a public service to all of you, I am going to share my shopping experiences with them that have gone bad....

1) When the late-2009 iMacs came out, I ordered two 27-inch models. One came in a week and the other took 12 weeks to arrive. In the mean time they must have told me at least 10 times that they had shipped it already and it was on its way but they did not yet have a tracking number. On top of that, I ordered it with VMWare Fusion + Windows 7 pre-installed since we were transitioning from Windows and I did not have all the apps I used replaced with Mac versions. I had ordered the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but they installed the 32-bit version and I had to get that resolved after receiving it.

2) They have also told me that they had the iPad 2 in stock for delivery (despite barring online sales and requiring you to order by phone). Turns out they did not have it in stock and were lying and you had to wait for weeks. Cancelled my order and got it from Apple.

3) Finally, my sister-in-law ordered a MacBook Pro from them with the upgraded hard drive (2010 model, I think). MacMall did not give her the Apple-upgraded unit, but instead removed the Apple-installed factory hard drive, replaced it with a third-party hard drive (not covered by the Applecare warranty) and took 4 weeks to deliver it. This is when the new iLife was released and we figured the wait was because they were waiting for units that had the new iLife pre-installed so she wouldn't have to buy the new versions from the App Store, but instead it came four weeks after ordering it with the old iLife installed. She promptly returned the MacBook and repurchased from the Apple Store so the hard drive would be covered under Applecare warranty.

MacMall is a joke and definitely not worth savings sales tax. Avoid them at all costs if you don't want to be very frustrated.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011

You should check out B&H. They're from New York, so afaik no sales tax outside New York. They offer 8GB MacBook Air models, among other non-standard configs.

akadmon

Suspended
Aug 30, 2006
New England
You should check out B&H. They're from New York, so afaik no sales tax outside New York. They offer 8GB MacBook Air models, among other non-standard configs.

Yeah, that's the ticket! If I didn't get a corporate discount from Apple and live within 25 miles of two Apple stores in a state that doesn't charge a sales tax, I would be buying all my Apple gear from B&H.

----------

Thanks MacRumors for encouraging tax evasion.

----------

Maybe the 80% of people who just browse the web, read and write email, and look at their photos?

I'd be truly shocked if any such people frequented Macrumors! But who knows...

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
What kind of news would you expect around this time of year?

I'd expect one or two stories tops. Maybe the roundup to keep people updated.
But I agree this is ridiculous, especially for an apple site, since apple offers the crappiest blackfriday deals.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
so none of these sales are topping the discounts bestbuy offered last week.

glad i bought then.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
MacMall has lost my business. As a public service to all of you, I am going to share my shopping experiences with them that have gone bad....

1) When the late-2009 iMacs came out, I ordered two 27-inch models. One came in a week and the other took 12 weeks to arrive. In the mean time they must have told me at least 10 times that they had shipped it already and it was on its way but they did not yet have a tracking number. On top of that, I ordered it with VMWare Fusion + Windows 7 pre-installed since we were transitioning from Windows and I did not have all the apps I used replaced with Mac versions. I had ordered the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but they installed the 32-bit version and I had to get that resolved after receiving it.

2) They have also told me that they had the iPad 2 in stock for delivery (despite barring online sales and requiring you to order by phone). Turns out they did not have it in stock and were lying and you had to wait for weeks. Cancelled my order and got it from Apple.

3) Finally, my sister-in-law ordered a MacBook Pro from them with the upgraded hard drive (2010 model, I think). MacMall did not give her the Apple-upgraded unit, but instead removed the Apple-installed factory hard drive, replaced it with a third-party hard drive (not covered by the Applecare warranty) and took 4 weeks to deliver it. This is when the new iLife was released and we figured the wait was because they were waiting for units that had the new iLife pre-installed so she wouldn't have to buy the new versions from the App Store, but instead it came four weeks after ordering it with the old iLife installed. She promptly returned the MacBook and repurchased from the Apple Store so the hard drive would be covered under Applecare warranty.

MacMall is a joke and definitely not worth savings sales tax. Avoid them at all costs if you don't want to be very frustrated.

Wow, I could not agree more!!! The have been the most dishonest company i have ever dealt with in my 50 years walking this planet. The worst part about it was that I refered two friends and my brother, all of which had horrible experiences. I of course referred them before i had my dozen horrible experiences! I refer to them as the "buy here/pay here" Apple reseller. ( like the cheap/slick used car salesman who will lie about everything just to get a sale!)

I would pay full Apple retail + sales tax, before even considering Macmall with no tax!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Thank gooness its not Friday the 13th.

Your one, and only, shopping spee..... may be your last

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.