Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sirozha

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2008
Wow, I could not agree more!!! The have been the most dishonest company i have ever dealt with in my 50 years walking this planet. The worst part about it was that I refered two friends and my brother, all of which had horrible experiences. I of course referred them before i had my dozen horrible experiences! I refer to them as the "buy here/pay here" Apple reseller. ( like the cheap/slick used car salesman who will lie about everything just to get a sale!)

I would pay full Apple retail + sales tax, before even considering Macmall with no tax!

I have been buying all of my gear from B&H since 2009. Have spent about $10,000 by now at B&H. There's no electronics vendor better than them. They beat Amazon every time by price. Their customer service is stellar. They don't charge sales tax in 49 states - the only state they charge it is NY. They ship for free. They throw in free Parallels with a new Mac. Quite often, you can get Apple Care with a new Mac from them cheaper than you can get it on eBay.

They have custom configuration Macs, which Amazon usually does not. They get new Macs and iPads within a week of them being released. For example, the only place I was able to order a retina iPad mini last week was at B&H. I ordered it last Friday afternoon right before they closed for Shabbat, and it was delivered today (Wednesday) to Atlanta, GA. They had 128 GB cellular iPad Air ten days after it was released by Apple. No other reseller that I know of had them at that time.

By the way, B&H is the largest independent electronics store in the US, and if you are visiting Manhattan, you should really drop by their mega-store. This company provides and amazing value and and incredible customer service.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
Quick buy up these non-touch models before the new ones with touch are released next year.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
So...MacMall and Best Buy with about the same discount on every model on each respective store...but instead of putting up a simple easy-to-read, easy-to-compare chart, it's posted in paragraphs form for each model... With lots of repeated information.

I take it iWork '13 really disabled your guys' workflows, huh? :rolleyes:

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
MacMall has lost my business. As a public service to all of you, I am going to share my shopping experiences with them that have gone bad....

1) When the late-2009 iMacs came out, I ordered two 27-inch models. One came in a week and the other took 12 weeks to arrive. In the mean time they must have told me at least 10 times that they had shipped it already and it was on its way but they did not yet have a tracking number. On top of that, I ordered it with VMWare Fusion + Windows 7 pre-installed since we were transitioning from Windows and I did not have all the apps I used replaced with Mac versions. I had ordered the 64-bit version of Windows 7, but they installed the 32-bit version and I had to get that resolved after receiving it.

2) They have also told me that they had the iPad 2 in stock for delivery (despite barring online sales and requiring you to order by phone). Turns out they did not have it in stock and were lying and you had to wait for weeks. Cancelled my order and got it from Apple.

3) Finally, my sister-in-law ordered a MacBook Pro from them with the upgraded hard drive (2010 model, I think). MacMall did not give her the Apple-upgraded unit, but instead removed the Apple-installed factory hard drive, replaced it with a third-party hard drive (not covered by the Applecare warranty) and took 4 weeks to deliver it. This is when the new iLife was released and we figured the wait was because they were waiting for units that had the new iLife pre-installed so she wouldn't have to buy the new versions from the App Store, but instead it came four weeks after ordering it with the old iLife installed. She promptly returned the MacBook and repurchased from the Apple Store so the hard drive would be covered under Applecare warranty.

MacMall is a joke and definitely not worth savings sales tax. Avoid them at all costs if you don't want to be very frustrated.

how did she return the macbook ? i thought they did't accept return on apple equipment?

did that change?

I had major issues with them. refused to return a machine that was an open box that they sold to me as brand new. I had to do a chargeback on my CC to get my money back.

not sure how the company is still around

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
MacMall is a joke and definitely not worth savings sales tax. Avoid them at all costs if you don't want to be very frustrated.

I find that Amazon is usually the better deal for me. The savings are moderate or at least comparable to MacMall (at a glance it looks like the same $102 off for most/all models mentioned), except they don't have sales tax for my state, and and free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime (already have). Furthermore, Amazon is more reliable and consistent about Returns than most online places I've dealt with before.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Everyone likes those Retina's :)

It's like a 50% of at Myers. A stampeed of people flooding the store.

eminemead

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
CT, USA
Is there anyway that i can get the gift cards promo from apple since i bought a MacBook Pro retina 13 4days ago..meh...

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
Is there anyway that i can get the gift cards promo from apple since i bought a MacBook Pro retina 13 4days ago..meh...

Only way would be to return the MacBook I'd imagine.

Apple Store Australia said:
The Apple Store Gift Card promotion is available only for purchases made from 12:01 am on 29 November 2013 to 11:59 pm on 29 November 2013 AEDT at Apple Retail Stores and the Apple Online Store. This promotion is available to end-users only and is not available to distributors, dealers or resellers. Apple reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion at any time. Pricing includes GST. This promotion is valid while supplies last; substitutions and rain checks are not allowed. This promotion cannot be combined with other offers.

Kermy

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2004

Assuming you bought the laptop from an Apple store. Bring your laptop in with your receipt and see if they'll give it to you. Otherwise you can just return and buy it again. Only problem being that you will have to reinstall everything.

That's what I'm going to be doing actually, I bought my 15" retina on Monday.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Most of these sales are now active and available online.

arn

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Apparently you can grab a lot of the door busters online at Best Buy right now...

I just bought the 13 inch mac pro for $200 off with no waiting in line. (Score)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 9.57.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 9.57.39 AM.png
    306.5 KB · Views: 97

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Most of these sales are now active and available online.

arn

Darn it Arn, beat me by that much... ^_^

EDIT - Dang, the 13.3 retina is sold out already. @_@

Last edited:

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
macbook pro base model low price at the moment is $1850 ? I read some sites that claims $1750 but I cant find anything...

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Darn it Arn, beat me by that much... ^_^

EDIT - Dang, the 13.3 retina is sold out already. @_@

Well that's annoying. My credit card company thought it was possible fraud, so they didn't allow the charge. Best Buy cancelled my order before the credit card company could get ahold of me to confirm. I confirmed the charge in less than 7 MINUTES after the order and Best Buy had already cancelled my order.

Like I said, annoying. Grrr.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2009
how did she return the macbook ? i thought they did't accept return on apple equipment?

did that change?

I had major issues with them. refused to return a machine that was an open box that they sold to me as brand new. I had to do a chargeback on my CC to get my money back.

not sure how the company is still around

Talking to their "customer service" reps is a crap shoot. But when she bought this a couple of years ago they had a 30-day return policy. They certainly did not sell her what she had ordered since they put a third-party hard drive inside.

kd11331

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2013
MacMall has lost my business also

If you buy at MacMall, they will hold the shipment until multiple "Account Execs" phone you telling you that you should upgrade, you should add on xxxx item, etc. It's a total up-sell approach and these Acct. Execs have the power to hold your order, even after "credit" has already submitted for payment to you bank (as indicated by checking your cc account). After the third day on a same-day shipment item and three calls from "account execs" - I cancelled the order. I found another retailer that would match the MacMall price when pushed.

I've spent close to 10K for personal items and more than that through my company. This is a tacky and tasteless way of doing business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.