Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Firearms accessory maker Magpul has released a new addition to its popular iOS accessory line, bringing the Magpul Field Case to the iPad mini. The plastic case is made in the same style as the company's PMAG rifle magazines and includes Magpul's logo on the back.

magpulipadmini.png
The Magpul® Field Case for the iPad® mini is a semi-rigid cover designed to provide basic protection in the field.

Made from a durable thermoplastic, the Field Case features PMAG®-style ribs for added grip, snap-on design for easy installation and removal, and is low bulk to preserve the thin and light nature of the mini.

Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.!
Magpul already makes a number of popular iPhone cases, including its $17 Field Case and the sturdier Bump Case which is $27.

The Magpul Field Case for the iPad mini is now shipping to Magpul dealers and distributors with a recommended price of $27, and should eventually be available on the company's website.

Article Link: Magpul Releases Field Case for iPad Mini

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
So was it purposely designed to not have a cut-out for the noise-cancelling mic?

EDIT: Of course it could have just been initially designed for first gen, and only now been released from manufacturing and whatnot.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't know they would omit a cutout for the mic, I assume though this product shot isn't the actual product we'll see for the rmini...one would hope.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
This one is for the first mini, i'm sure one for the retina mini will come soon. The make great products, I have lots of their ar-15 stuff and the bump case for my iPhone5, awesome case, you cannot beat how it feels in your hand, tons better than any other case I have tried out at a fraction of the price!!

:apple:

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Or you could get a pretty darn good Poetic case on Amazon for $10.

The Field Case obliterates anything Poetic makes by light years. I often say this, Magpul makes one of my favorite cases of all time and I tested quite a few over the years. The Field Case is one of the best cases around.

josh995

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
If you have never used a Magpul case... I highly, highly recommend it. It's extremely sturdy BUT THIN!! And fits BEAUTIFULLY. It's an unusual feeling material, but it's just amazingly sturdy.

Also, those saying there's no mic hole, this could just be an early press shot. However, even if there isn't one, this is the type of material I believe you could easily drill one with no problem. (Have never tried though)

Love Magpul cases, and since I live near Quantico, I buy them cheaper in the Marine Corps Exchange. :D

And the person above me is right. No poetic case can hold a candle to a Magpul field case.

Hopefully they will make one for the iPad Air.

Last edited:

Djtrackie

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
next thing you know Bravo Company is going to make an iPad/iPhone case. Soon we will have Colt branded USB power packs in the shape of a 30 round AR15 magazines. Called AMMO for iPad™

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
next thing you know Bravo Company is going to make an iPad/iPhone case. Soon we will have Colt branded USB power packs in the shape of a 30 round AR15 magazines. Called AMMO for iPad™

You do realize Magpull has been on the iDevice market for years now? Also, their cases are among the best.

I gladly buy Magpull cases.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Magpul makes a great phone case. They use a plastic that does not attract lint. The case is engineered to fit perfectly. Handling the case is a joy.

nrweaver

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2010
I have the Magpul Iphone 5S case and it is the best case I have owned. I will be picking up one of these as soon as they are available.

Any idea what screen protector will fit this, since I dont think the smart cover will fit with this?

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Why purposefully advertise this particular case? U guys get paid?
As has been stated many, many times before, we do not take compensation for articles posted without disclosure.

From the FAQ:

Are news stories really advertising in disguise?

MacRumors does not post undisclosed paid stories. Promotional arrangements are always identified.

Routine stories about Mac apps, iOS apps, or commercial products, sites, or services are posted when the editors think they will be of sufficient interest. They are not posted for advertising purposes.

Most routine product reports are on the blog sites. You can choose whether to follow all stories or just those on the Front Page by clicking the tabs of interest or by using the appropriate RSS feed or Twitter feed.

imwoblin

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Nagpul makes excellent products and was founded by a former Recon Marine who started the company to create products that the DOD didn't supply to the troops to help them stay alive in combat. I've used various Magpul products when I was downrange ( USMC Force Recon) and I can assure you they are all top notch. And hey, they are made in the USA and are reasonably priced to boot! And no I am not affiliated in any way to Magpul.

Last edited:

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm always checking out Amazon for a durable case. Wondering why I've never seen this manufacturer before. 5-star rating after over 600 reviews for the iPhone 5 case and made in the USA? I'm sold. Thanks MR for pointing this one out.

jca24

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2010
DFW
Interesting to see how many comments magically disappeared on this thread.

I know, don't know why. I was going to post a pic of my iPhone5 dressed in a sweet Magpul case along side of my ar-15 dressed out in Magpul gear. I decided not to because i'm sure the left wing gun haters would go nuts.

:apple:

Last edited:

wgnoyes

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
THAT would sell like hotcakes at USPSA and IPSC events (google if you're curious) where we're starting to use iOS devices and an app called PractiScore to score matches!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.