Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pgbin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Last week, when the 15' Retina MacBook Pro dropped to $2349, I ordered it from Amazon (this was on November 20th). Amazon was then showing it as Temporarily out of stock, but since it's the best selling Apple notebook there, I assumed it would return to stock soon.
Also, the price was great, no sales tax, and I had some Amazon Gift Cards credit to use.

Now, since Wednesday, Amazon no longer lists this model as Temporarily out of stock, but instead they show third party sellers (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...1385735560&sr=8-3&keywords=macbook+pro+retina)

I don't mind waiting a little bit longer (though it would be great to get it by Dec 10th) but I don't like not understanding what's going on.

I contacted Amazon, and they say they need more time, and that they are processing the order.

Does anyone have experience with buying Apple products from Amazon when they are out of stock? I figure Apple might be diverting its units to Apple Stores or other resellers first, but would like to hear your experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.