Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
hey all

So I decided today to buy a new airtime time capsule. I seem to have it all set up. However I am wondering on this attached screen(see image) should it not show all the devices that are connected to the internet via the time capsule. The time capsule is connected to my router via ethernet cable. I can still see my router wifi name in the wifi list, but I am using the time capsule as the wifi network. Is this right? Sorry for such a noob question.

timecapsule.jpg

Jesla

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2013
Tennessee USA
I believe it only shows apple devices below the router, Airports and ect.

It won't show individual computers if that's what your asking.

Here is what mine looks like with five computers online.

ScreenShot2013-11-29at125909PM.png

Last edited:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011

Hey yup thats what I am asking. Cool you answered my question. :). I was expected my iPhone to show as well as my sisters and her iPad and my mba etc lol. But so far so good. I am really impressed with it and also noticed my wifi speed boosting up too.:D

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Don't know if it helps but clicking the AirPort Time Capsule graphic shows a list of connected wifi devices.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Don't know if it helps but clicking the AirPort Time Capsule graphic shows a list of connected wifi devices.

Ah yeah I noticed that now. It don't show the names it shows the wifi client numbers, which are the devices connected via wifi.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Ah yeah I noticed that now. It don't show the names it shows the wifi client numbers, which are the devices connected via wifi.

Hmm, mine shows all my currently connected Apple wireless clients, by name. Various iPads, iPhones and Apple TVs :confused:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hmm, mine shows all my currently connected Apple wireless clients, by name. Various iPads, iPhones and Apple TVs :confused:

i dunno then whats going on lol. Its not much of a big deal really lol. Its working so thats the main thing. lol :confused:

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
How do I know if I have the airtime time capsule set up right

I am thinking if this is set up right or not. My sister says she doesn't think she has had much improvement of her wifi in her room. My Kodak printer shows my wifi signal at 60% and I am sure this was the same as my router wifi symbol. Any advice guys/gals?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
hey all

So I decided today to buy a new airtime time capsule. I seem to have it all set up. However I am wondering on this attached screen(see image) should it not show all the devices that are connected to the internet via the time capsule. The time capsule is connected to my router via ethernet cable. I can still see my router wifi name in the wifi list, but I am using the time capsule as the wifi network. Is this right? Sorry for such a noob question.

View attachment 449586

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but if you are using the TC for your wifi signal, I'm told it's a good idea to turn off the wifi signal from the router into which the TC is wried. If both are putting out a wifi signal, it can cause interference in the signal.

If I read it wrong...apologies.:eek:

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada

If you're using those APE's as WiFi extenders they're paying a speed penalty by using them wirelessly. Far better to connect them via GigE to the APBS.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but if you are using the TC for your wifi signal, I'm told it's a good idea to turn off the wifi signal from the router into which the TC is wried. If both are putting out a wifi signal, it can cause interference in the signal.

If I read it wrong...apologies.:eek:

Edit. I found how to disable to wifi on my router. So going to give it a shot now lol.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
not sure how to disable to the wifi signal on my router to be honest. seems to be automatic on :confused: trying to figure it out lol

I wish I could help...my router/modem is a Verizon gizmo. With that one you go to the Verizon website to configure the router/modem. There is a Wifi On/Off toggle there.

Good luck....:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.