Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheyCallMeBT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Hey folks. Doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned the Steam sale going on right now. Check it out here.

http://store.steampowered.com/

I just got Skyrim, which I had been waiting to get for a while, for $7.49. It was a daily deal. And I want to get Bioshock Infinite. It's on sale for $20, but it's not a daily deal, so that price will be good until the 3rd. I think I might wait to see if it goes any cheaper, though. Cheers!

Renzatic

Suspended
I bought Rogue Legacy, which reviewers are raving about lately, for €4.60. :)

Great choice. Of all the roguelike games that have been coming out recently, it's easily the best of the bunch.

Just be prepared to die a lot. And by a lot, I mean...like...a whole bunch.

As for me, I'm debating on getting Prison Architect. I want a good builder game, and everything I've seen about it looks great, but I'm not sure if I want to jump in while it's still an unfinished beta. I'm always worried that I'll get burnt out on the preview before the game's got all its features.

TheyCallMeBT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
BioShock Infinite is $9.99 at Gamefly and activates through Steam (Steamplay so it works on Mac and Windows).

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-bioshock-infinite/5004857

Use coupon code GFDNOV20 for an additional 20% off.

Ah, I had already bought on Steam by the time you posted. I was impatient. lol. For future reference, can you use PayPal on Gamefly, or do you have to give them your payment credentials directly? I know that Gamefly is a big company, but I still prefer to stick to Paypal.

monokitty

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
Ah, I had already bought on Steam by the time you posted. I was impatient. lol. For future reference, can you use PayPal on Gamefly, or do you have to give them your payment credentials directly? I know that Gamefly is a big company, but I still prefer to stick to Paypal.

PayPal.

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
GTA Trilogy and CounterStrike Complete

Grand Theft Auto Trilogy and CounterStrike Complete on sale (Steam).
They will be mine!

Unless...Steam's server problems don't go away soon. :(
Can't buy anything, it always spews out error messages.

luffytubby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
Bought;

Kingdom Rise; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI_YPUcrxM < this game shows serious promise. It reminds me of the jedi knight II Outcast/Academy games. Satisfying third person online sword slashing with customizeable characters.

Enslaved: Odysee to the west; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yn-scpBDWY

Jet Set Radio; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMPB4RBbCXw < a cult classic. seriously awesome game!

State of Decay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDRCDo1guvE (you need a controller. mouse/keyboard not supported yet)

Mrs. Splosion Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VN3SQR7yB0

.. And CS:GO but I doubt I will ever play it. I just bought it because.. hell I don't know.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
I bought the Trine Collection and Magicka for a total of $7.48 - not bad for three games.

I don't even know if my POS laptop can even run Trine (I know it can't run Magicka - I sort of max out on the original Portal, heh), but I'm getting a new machine soon, so I figured I might as well get a few games on the cheap.

Renzatic

Suspended
I don't even know if my POS laptop can even run Trine (I know it can't run Magicka - I sort of max out on the original Portal, heh), but I'm getting a new machine soon, so I figured I might as well get a few games on the cheap.

If you can run Portal, you should be able to run Magicka. It's not exactly the most graphically demanding game around.

...but what it loses in graphic fidelity, it makes up for in pure, uncut, unadulterated fun. If you play, remember this: you have to...HAVE to play with it at least two other people. They don't call it the Super Fun Friendly Fire Videogame for nothing.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
If you can run Portal, you should be able to run Magicka. It's not exactly the most graphically demanding game around

I feel like I tried it before and it was distorted or something. I'll have to boot over to WinXP and see. If not, I'll have a new system soon, so not too concerned about waiting to enjoy it.

Renzatic

Suspended
I feel like I tried it before and it was distorted or something. I'll have to boot over to WinXP and see. If not, I'll have a new system soon, so not too concerned about waiting to enjoy it.

If you played it right when it first came out a couple years back, that's no surprise. The game was saddled with a huge pile of bugs back then. It might work fine now.

garnerx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2012
Bioshock Infinite is now peanuts.
I hate the Steam sale. I paid the pre-order price for that game, just so I could have a 'free' Xcom (which I've played for 13 minutes) and the original Bioshock (which doesn't work on Windows 8 and doesn't include the Mac version).

Renzatic

Suspended
Bioshock Infinite is now peanuts.
I hate the Steam sale. I paid the pre-order price for that game, just so I could have a 'free' Xcom (which I've played for 13 minutes) and the original Bioshock (which doesn't work on Windows 8 and doesn't include the Mac version).

Wuh? Last I heard, original Bioshock works just fine on any OS from XP on up. It's been a bit since I last played it, but I'm about 90% sure I first gave it a go in Win8.

edit: dumb question, but have you tried running it in DX10 mode?

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Steam Sale rocks, just like usual. I just wish I had a competent computer to play my growing collection, instead of collecting for collecting's sake!

But, I just caved and picked up the Half-Life Anthology. Works wonders, full screen, stupid fast. I remember buying this when it first came out, ran like garbage on my 120MHz Pentium II. Time to play this classic once and for all (and for $3.47!!!)

Couldn't help but pick up Skyrim while I was at it. $7.49. Someday, I'll have a super duper rig, and I'll mod the hell out of it, and live it all like it was the first time. :)

NunoBerny

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
Steam sale feedback

Grand Theft Auto III - hasn't aged well. is a bit crap, really.

Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas - cool...but Mafia II is still better (shame that
game has no "real open world, it would be the best game ever...).

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - haven't played it yet

Counterstrike - disappointing. Has some gfx issues on my MacMini 2012

Counterstrike Condition Zero - better. No gfx issues, at least

Counterstrike Global Offensive - doesn't seem to install. Gets to 100%, but can't start it. Steam client seems to gobble up all my memory while trying to download the rest(?).

Counterstrike Source - doesn't want to install either. And it gobbles up the memory too.

I'll wait until this sale frenzy passes and see if the servers start working as they should soon.

Last edited:

Nuttydev

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
Bristol, England.
I fancy getting Euro Truck Simulator 2 but I have no idea when it is going to be released on OS X...

Need to pick up CS:GO too as I've been meaning to since the beta ended.

Also hoping for CIV:V Brave New World to drop to 66%-75% off.

Last edited:

ElderBrE

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2004
I fancy getting Euro Truck Simulator 2 but I have no idea when it is going to be released on OS X...

Need to pick up CS:GO too as I've been meaning to since the beta ended.

Also hoping for CIV:V Brave New World to drop to 66%-75% off.

BNW is at 50% at the moment, not sure if it will go lower though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.