Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I'm looking for a UK Mains Charger with Dual USB Ports.

I basically want to be charging an iPad Air and iPhone 5S at the same time.

I also want one with either no LED or one thats not very bright as it will be next to the bed at night. I have had a couple of 3rd party chargers in the past that are more like night lights due to the insanely bright LEDs.

I have been looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CAREDC2

The reviews seem good, and people are saying how it is more than capable of charging a phone and tablet at the same time.

The only thing that conserns me is there are a couple of reviews talking of this problem:

Does charges things.

However, don't use it as a power source for any devices that don't tolerate voltage changes. I used it for USB speakers and the disturbance caused by the adapter is just horrible, more audible than the actual audio from the audio source. Should work ok if used to power up external hard drives, USB accessory or anything that doesn't involve careful timing, sound or any other delicate operation.

Should I be worried?

Should I just avoid this item?

Anyone have any suggestions for other products like this?

Thanks in Advance :)

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I'm looking for a UK Mains Charger with Dual USB Ports.

I basically want to be charging an iPad Air and iPhone 5S at the same time.

I also want one with either no LED or one thats not very bright as it will be next to the bed at night. I have had a couple of 3rd party chargers in the past that are more like night lights due to the insanely bright LEDs.

I have been looking at this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CAREDC2

The reviews seem good, and people are saying how it is more than capable of charging a phone and tablet at the same time.

The only thing that conserns me is there are a couple of reviews talking of this problem:

Should I be worried?

Should I just avoid this item?

Anyone have any suggestions for other products like this?

Thanks in Advance :)

The product looks fine. Connect it to a surge protector. I recommend easyacc's wall charger:
utu8ynaz.jpg

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
I've got a Portapow 4 USB mains adaptor, they do a 2 USB version too. Pretty high ampage but it has 4 LEDs, which are unfortunately quite bright. If you cover the LEDs up its a good adaptor. Good thing too is it automatically shuts the charge off once the device is fully charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.