Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjmartin93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
A woman at a local store told me that the iPad Air Smart Case, black, could stain my iPad Air which is white. She said that the material on the inside of the flap could stain my iPad. Whether it's original or an OEM product. Can it really stain my iPad? I'm looking for a case wuth a sleep/wake button that will not stain my iPad. What is the case material that I should not buy because it stains the iPad?

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
A woman at a local store told me that the iPad Air Smart Case, black, could stain my iPad Air which is white. She said that the material on the inside of the flap could stain my iPad. Whether it's original or an OEM product. Can it really stain my iPad? I'm looking for a case wuth a sleep/wake button that will not stain my iPad. What is the case material that I should not buy because it stains the iPad?

lol. YHBT. :D

cjmartin93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Uhm. So there isn't anything that can ever stain my ipad? As in ANYTHING? Whether it's original or OEM?

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
Uhm. So there isn't anything that can ever stain my ipad? As in ANYTHING? Whether it's original or OEM?

You could try a few things if you need to stain your iPad -- food colouring has a chance of working depending on the type you have.

cjmartin93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
You could try a few things if you need to stain your iPad -- food colouring has a chance of working depending on the type you have.

I'm just worried because my previous phone with a cover stained it. And I bought my iPad with my own money, I've worked hard for it. I just want to take care of it.

What are the best cases with wake/sleep function for ipad air?

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I'm just worried because my previous phone with a cover stained it. And I bought my iPad with my own money, I've worked hard for it. I just want to take care of it.

What are the best cases with wake/sleep function for ipad air?

Got it. Many cases offer this. It's hard to go wrong with the official case. You could also get the official cover with a back case such as i-Blason. Or you could consider Moshi VersaCover or Kavaj. Many options. Browse around the threads.

Personally I'm doing the Smart Cover with i-Blason TPU clear back.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
.... I bought my iPad with my own money, I've worked hard for it. I just want to take care of it...?

You bought it with your OWN money? Really?

Pretty much most folks buy things with their OWN money. I can not find anyone to buy things for ME.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
You bought it with your OWN money? Really?

Pretty much most folks buy things with their OWN money. I can not find anyone to buy things for ME.

Except kids, you know with parents who are bugged to crap for stuff like this.
He's probably a kid who's proud that he saved up his own money so he wouldn't have to bug his parents to buy crap for him and simply wants to be sure its taken care of. Good for you OP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.