Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K3it4r0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Hi, I would like some help to find a software to deal with text.
What I need is something that can edit and clean my text. It is quite difficult to explain, better go by examples:

I want this character (;) at the end of every sentence, but not if there are more than one return.
I want to delete every number that lenght<4
I want to transform all the text with font= 11 in font = Calibri, 16, red.
I want the text with font =11 to be stored in another document
I want everything that is capitalise to have be under the tag <place>
and every line that start with *1 *2 *3 to be inserted into the tags <address>
and every line that start with font =11 with the tag <note>

It exist something like this? What I should have to learn to be able to do this kind of operations?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
It's a little hard to explain, but if you do a little research, Word for Mac will do this using something called a macro. It's basically a little script that will perform these tasks for you automatically...some better information here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/mac-word-help/create-run-edit-or-delete-a-macro-HA102927318.aspx

Of course, you will need to purchase Office for Mac. It's not that expensive these days....I can't think of another WP that will do this but others here may know.

K3it4r0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
It's a little hard to explain, but if you do a little research, Word for Mac will do this using something called a macro. It's basically a little script that will perform these tasks for you automatically...some better information here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/mac-word-help/create-run-edit-or-delete-a-macro-HA102927318.aspx

Of course, you will need to purchase Office for Mac. It's not that expensive these days....I can't think of another WP that will do this but others here may know.

Thanks I will look into it. Other suggestions that I received are Text Edit plus & Text Wrangler, but I still have to search some documentation about it

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Apps like Editorial on the iPad that support Python scripts can do this for you. I'm sure there is something similar available on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.