Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
It isn't by default, and that's one part of the issue. Even when they got it activated, two out of three phones had to have the conversation erased and the phone restarted before it sent properly.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
It isn't by default, and that's one part of the issue. Even when they got it activated, two out of three phones had to have the conversation erased and the phone restarted before it sent properly.

It works just fine on my iPhone 5 ... It try to send the iMessage (blu line) and after a few seconds of trying it sends the SMS (green line).

dkrizic

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
If you use S/MIME, then on the iPhone with iOS 7.0.3 you could not see the icons for signed and encrypted messages. This has been fixed with 7.0.4. On iPad everything worked normally with 7.0.3!

Sub.0

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Didn't want to go through all the pages, but was there any talk about giving back the ability to have Facetime call a specific e-mail or phone number if they are all connected through the same Apple ID?

Example I do not want my iPhone, iPad, and iMac all ringing at the same time if someone Facetimes me.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
You might as well get a Nokia 1112 and it will be better.
Hate when people make such as stupids comments. Ugh!!!
In spanish: Que manera de hablar ******!!!

what you talking about? iOS 3.x.x was the best...i think the last version of iOS 3 was DEFINITELY the best.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
When I checked the update from my iPhone 4S the size of the update was indicated as 17.0 MB.

I started updating from iTunes instead and now its downloading 1.19GB of data from the internet.

Why is the difference in the size ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
When I checked the update from my iPhone 4S the size of the update was indicated as 17.0 MB.

I started updating from iTunes instead and now its downloading 1.19GB of data from the internet.

Why is the difference in the size ?
Over the air you get a delta update with just the differences and that's generally smaller. Over iTunes for stability and general restore reasons you get the full updated OS which is usually larger.

jdizzle323

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Go check iMessages in Settings > iMessages on all of your iOS devices, one of them is probably signed out. I went through this last night. I was missing messages and I saw that I didn't have my cell phone number on my iPads. So I went to my iPhone, saw that I wasn't signed in, sign in and then it started showing up everywhere.

Pretty much every product launch is a beta launch, there's never been a prefect software/hardware release. Apple sometimes get it right, sometime they don't and it takes time to fix it.

I'm sure Apple is fully aware of the low memory problem and will optimize iOS 7.1 release for iPad Air/mini soon to tackle it properly.

Why are you disappointed? Your logic makes absolutely no sense. You should be happy that they're fixing and improving bugs as quickly as they can. Apple doesn't have to do this and they could've just leave it alone until iOS 8 comes out.

There's never going to be a hardware without any software updates required to make it perform better.

Even PS4/XBOX are being releasing with mandated software update required on the FIRST DAY. Heck, even Telsa cars are getting software updates over time and they cost over 70K.

Hardware is usually finished first but the software is going to take time to get it right, it's never going to be perfect on day one.

Note, that doesn't excuse anybody for being sloppy but it's just the nature of software development and no, no amount of money and QA processes would ever prevent this.

Thanks man I just checked my MacBook after messing around with my settings on Messages and seemed to have fixed the problem. Good looking out !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.