Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
So I sold my ipad 3rd gen and got a nexus 7. I'm not a big fan of android however it does some things that I need it to do that iOS can't.

I use apple apps such as notes, reminders, calender.

I am looking for similar and solid apps like those that can be used across the nexus tab as well.

I am currently using evernote mainly, so more apps like that that can be synced across both systems would be perfect (PC would be a bonus too)

Please help guys, thanks

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
So I sold my ipad 3rd gen and got a nexus 7. I'm not a big fan of android however it does some things that I need it to do that iOS can't.

I use apple apps such as notes, reminders, calender.

I am looking for similar and solid apps like those that can be used across the nexus tab as well.

I am currently using evernote mainly, so more apps like that that can be synced across both systems would be perfect (PC would be a bonus too)

Please help guys, thanks
Google Keep = Notes
Google reminders is built into Google Now. Just say "okay Google, remind me to take out the trash at noon on Tuesday." You will then be notified by google now via cards and status bar.
Google Calendar = calendar
Digical = calendar

All Google apps are cross platform.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Reminders:
Remember The Milk
Wunderlist

Notes:
IMHO nothing beats Evernote
When Google makes an iOS version of Keep it may compete with Evernote.

Calendar:
Just use Google, Yahoo or Outlook.com Calendars. They can sync over caldav with iOS, Android and PC.

Other Cross Platforms Apps I use across OSs are:

Google Music
Dropbox and Skydrive
Feedly
Pocket
IMdB
PocketCasts
Kindle

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Reminders:
Remember The Milk
Wunderlist

Notes:
IMHO nothing beats Evernote
When Google makes an iOS version of Keep it may compete with Evernote.

Calendar:
Just use Google, Yahoo or Outlook.com Calendars. They can sync over caldav with iOS, Android and PC.

Other Cross Platforms Apps I use across OSs are:

Google Music
Dropbox and Skydrive
Feedly
Pocket
IMdB
PocketCasts
Kindle

All great advice. Google Keep isn't cross-platform yet and IMO, Evernote is better anyways. Setting reminders via Google Now will work cross-platform with the the Google App on iOS but Wunderlist is far more robust than both it and Apple's reminders.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
All great advice. Google Keep isn't cross-platform yet and IMO, Evernote is better anyways. Setting reminders via Google Now will work cross-platform with the the Google App on iOS but Wunderlist is far more robust than both it and Apple's reminders.

While not from Google itself, Google Keep does have an app in the App Store which auto syncs perfectly. This makes Keep cross platform in my view. Below from my Nexus 5 and iPad Mini.
sybaguba.jpg

e2ybutu4.jpg

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Simplenote is an awesome cross platform note taking app. It's basic, so I find it very useful for jotting stuff down. It also works in a browser, so you can access it on other people's devices without worrying about not having an app installed.

If you use a Mac, there are also widgets which allow for easy access to simple note without an internet connection. Check it out!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
While not from Google itself, Google Keep does have an app in the App Store which auto syncs perfectly. This makes Keep cross platform in my view. Below from my Nexus 5 and iPad Mini.

Fair enough--I just personally prefer to avoid 3rd party solutions when possible as more often than not, something just doesn't work right or appear the same as apps from the original developer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.