Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secrecyguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
While shopping around for a used Mac mini with iMovie, I came upon this one. It's a 2009 version with 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB memory with Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion.

I found out it does not come with discs and no iMovie in it. I mostly want to get a Mac Mini to get the iMovie. So that means, I have to buy the latest iMovie available.

So now my question, will the latest version of the iMovie work on this computer or will it be too slow for it?

Thanks for any help. :)

If you asked if I ever had a Mac, no. I always been using someone's elses Mac. I think it's time I get one for myself.

And

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
92 ft above sea level, UK
While shopping around for a used Mac mini with iMovie, I came upon this one. It's a 2009 version with 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB memory with Mac OS 10.7.5 Lion.

I found out it does not come with discs and no iMovie in it. I mostly want to get a Mac Mini to get the iMovie. So that means, I have to buy the latest iMovie available.

So now my question, will the latest version of the iMovie work on this computer or will it be too slow for it?

Thanks for any help. :)

If you asked if I ever had a Mac, no. I always been using someone's elses Mac. I think it's time I get one for myself.

Well, you can update the OS to the latest version for free. You can get iMovie on the app store for £10.49. You will need more RAM, but will need to break into the case which is a pain, but instructional videos are easy to find on youtube. Performance as a day to day computer would be ok (i'm using 2.0GHz version), but imovie might stutter along a bit, it depends on the resolution. But I would say as a starting point, if you've not had a mac before, this would a cheap way to start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.