Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:49 PM   #26
portishead
Banned

No Apple news lately so let's just make up an iPhone 6 article!
portishead is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:50 PM   #27
green tea
macrumors newbie

But, but, Apple told us 3.5" was the perfect size. Then they said 4" is the perfect size screen
green tea is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:51 PM   #28
gregwyattjr
macrumors regular

I don't even think Apple knows what the next iPhone is gonna be like this early in the game.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:53 PM   #29
DShap5
macrumors 6502a

Who really thinks it's going to have a curved display?
DShap5 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:54 PM   #30
gregwyattjr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by green tea View Post
But, but, Apple told us 3.5" was the perfect size. Then they said 4" is the perfect size screen
Yeah. I still think the size of the iPhone 4 (while holding it in my hand) was PERFECT. I appreciate the larger 4" screen on the 5 and 5s, but it just doesn't rest in my hand as comfortably as the 4 did. I have to shift the phone in my hand to tap buttons in the top left corner of the screen and while it's not a deal breaker, I certainly loved the feeling of the iPhone 4.

That being said, I can't imagine an even LARGER phone in my hand. I think that'd be dreadful.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:56 PM   #31
robjulo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by designgeek View Post
I have big hands and can barely use the iPhone 5 with one hand
Then you don't have big hands. I have average hands and can easily operate it with one hand. My wife has small hands and has no issue operating with one hand.
robjulo is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:57 PM   #32
VAvW
macrumors member

Credibility of this roundup: 0... until they add "improved camera" to Specs.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:57 PM   #33
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Larger screen, bring it on!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:58 PM   #34
gibbz
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to gibbz
This feels like when the national media started talking about the 2016 US Presidential election just a short while after the election in 2012.
gibbz is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 02:58 PM   #35
dazed
macrumors 6502a

If it comes with a screen the size of my nexus 4 I will think about returning, if it keeps the small screen and the feminine form factor of the 5S then I'll pass once again.
dazed is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:00 PM   #36
Penn Jennings
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heltik View Post
I would like to see electromagnetic induction charging, completely sealed unit, with waterproof microphone/speakers. Removal of all legacy "wired" connexions, as these simply should not be needed with the latest wifi/bluetooth standards.

A wireless only device is a MAJOR PITA when it bricks.... and when you sell 10's of millions of iPhones, thats a lot of bricks.

Not to mention, a plug is just such a fast, simple, cheap and the most reliable option that removing it just wouldn't make sense.
Penn Jennings is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:03 PM   #37
cppguy
macrumors regular

The iPhone 5 is already pushing my pockets. If Apple creates a larger phone, they'll keep offering the current size as well. No doubt that some people want as large as possible, but at the same time, many of us want something comfortable to pocket. There should be at least two different devices, to satisfy both camps.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:03 PM   #38
icrew
macrumors member

Change in resolution

For some reason, MR seems continually continually concerned about the fact that the iPhone 6 might require a resolution change, and that that could be as problematic as the iPhone 4s to iPhone 5 transition. I just don't see it. The reason the iPhone 4s to 5 transition was a bunch of work was because it was a change in screen aspect ratio not screen size. If Apple keeps the iPhone 6 at a 16:9 aspect ratio--and I haven't heard any contradictory rumors--then iPhone 5 apps will continue to run and look just fine. The only difference is that the iPhone5 apps might be ever so slightly fuzzier, but one of the benefits of a retina display is that that would be really very hard to notice.

My prediction is that Apple will likely follow the crowd to a 1080p screen, at either 469ppi (4.7" screen) or 400ppi (5.5" screen), or both.
icrew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:06 PM   #39
Populus
macrumors member

I'd like a 4,5 or 4,7 inch display on the next iPhone. And I wish they keep the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Bigger (and lighter?) battery, thinnest form factor... And the A8 being twice as fast as A7 and being more energetically efficient.

Thats what I want from Apple.

And also a notification LED, but I know that's impossible with Apple.
Or any other kind of Notification (via iWatch, via Mac, via neuro-implant... whatever)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwyattjr View Post
I don't even think Apple knows what the next iPhone is gonna be like this early in the game.
I think the same, I believe Apple is testing a lot of different prototypes right now. Very similar prototypes, though, with subtle different screen sizes.
Populus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:07 PM   #40
Larry-K
macrumors 6502

I'm holding out for Lucky Number Seven.
Larry-K is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:09 PM   #41
macrumors 65816

If they really come out with an bigger iPhone screen - I hope they also make that same model with the current screen size. I get it that some people want/need bigger screens - but I don't want to have an oversized phone, I like the current size. It would be nice to have the choice (and one of the choices not being last years model)
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:09 PM   #42
unfrostedpoptar
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacintoshMan View Post
I feel like the only person that wants an option to purchase the iphone at its original dimensions, back when I could use it with ease with one hand.
How about giving users a choice? They're not going to shrink back to the pre-5 size, but offer the current one AND a larger one. I just had a Galaxy Note 3 for a few weeks and it was so great! Big screen and still fit in my pocket. Could pair with BT keyboard and mouse to act as a tiny laptop! My 5s seems so tiny now.
unfrostedpoptar is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:10 PM   #43
OC40
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwyattjr View Post
Yeah. I still think the size of the iPhone 4 (while holding it in my hand) was PERFECT. I appreciate the larger 4" screen on the 5 and 5s, but it just doesn't rest in my hand as comfortably as the 4 did. I have to shift the phone in my hand to tap buttons in the top left corner of the screen and while it's not a deal breaker, I certainly loved the feeling of the iPhone 4.

That being said, I can't imagine an even LARGER phone in my hand. I think that'd be dreadful.
I agree with everything that you just stated.
OC40 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:12 PM   #44
delnerdo
macrumors newbie

Wish list:

Subwoofer

Graffiti handwriting recognition

Blackberry keyboard

Cortical interface
delnerdo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:15 PM   #45
micropig
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJAZZYJET View Post
Better battery life?
Probably not going to happen...once battery life for a device has hit the limit of what people will tolerate (usually a day for a phone), it takes a back seat to other improvements. Look at the iPad Air...the processor is more efficient, but they used that to shrink the battery and reduce weight rather than increase the battery life.
micropig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:15 PM   #46
unplugme71
macrumors 65816

stop making things thinner, bigger, or faster.. Let's make the iPhone battery last 1 full day with lots of usage.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:15 PM   #47
dacreativeguy
macrumors 65816

Based on the innovation of recent apple releases, this one might be called the "iPhone 5S S"
dacreativeguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #48
deluxeshredder
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarScott View Post
A post of this manner seems a little silly this early. But I am looking forward to a bigger screen, I do have Android envy when I see people with nice big screens. But Android itself is insufferable. Give me a 5"-6" iPhone and I'll be happy happy!
I think iOS 7 is insufferable.
deluxeshredder is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #49
brad.c
macrumors 68020

It's too early.
Thumb resize.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #50
jimmirehman
macrumors regular

Please please please do not have a curved display.
jimmirehman is offline   7 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion