Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SenorDD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2013
I'm thinking of upgrading from and ipad 2 to the ipad air, but was concerned about the blue screen issue as well as Safari crashes. I was wondering how often each one occur. Safari crashes I can deal with, but if the blue screen is quite common, I may end up getting a 4th gen ipad instead.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
On my retina Mini, Safari crashes at least once a day, but you're probably going to have that problem with a 4th-gen iPad anyway because it's most likely an iOS 7 issue, not a new-gen iPad issue.

I've never encountered a blue screen and I think that particular issue is overblown.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I'm thinking of upgrading from and ipad 2 to the ipad air, but was concerned about the blue screen issue as well as Safari crashes. I was wondering how often each one occur. Safari crashes I can deal with, but if the blue screen is quite common, I may end up getting a 4th gen ipad instead.

want/need it? buy it. if it's broken, return it :D
good luck!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

I get Safari crashes maybe once a day. The "blue screen" happens maybe once a week. However, some applications, such as GoodReader, are particularly buggy. I think it is more an iOS 7 issue that hopefully is sorted out in 7.1. In any case, usually it recovers quickly from the blue screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.