Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Why is Apple Store online always behind other retail stores when it comes to shipping and delivery time? Right Now an iPad Air takes 3-5 days to ship, yesterday it was 5-10 days.

Apple Store is the official Apple retail store, amd still Best Buy and others have it in stock, while Apple acts as if it wasn"t the manufacturer.

Does it really takes that long to ship an iPad, or it is just christmass precautions?

Last edited:

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
Bestbuy say available for delivery by dec 24th on most Airs if you click on check shipping.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
I ordered a 128GB Wifi & Cellular iPad on the UK online Apple store when it said shipping in 5—10 days. I may have got lucky but it shipped the next day after my order.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I ordered a 128GB Wifi & Cellular iPad on the UK online Apple store when it said shipping in 5—10 days. I may have got lucky but it shipped the next day after my order.

Thanks. I guess I am going to keep my order than. They sent me an email with delivery predictions btw 19 and 30, and that made me wonder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.