Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

FOX and development house TinyCo plans to release a Family Guy iOS game next year, according to a press release issued today. Details are scarce but the development team is working with Family Guy writers and the original voice actors from the show.

The game will feature an original story "influenced by the show's 212-episode catalogue as well as current events". The game will be free-to-play, though it will likely have in-app purchases or some sort of virtual currency.

familyguy.png
"It's really fun!" said Peter Griffin, Family Guy character since 1999. "Plus, if you play it for more than three hours it counts as going outside!"

In the game, players will be able to adventure throughout Quahog, recruiting (and sometimes confronting) their favorite Family Guy characters along the way. TinyCo is working directly with the Family Guy show writers to develop the game's story and dialogue, ensuring that players will enjoy an authentic experience complete with original animation and endless antics that you'd expect from the citizens of Quahog.
There is no indication whether Brian Griffin, the Griffin's family dog who passed away in a recent episode, will appear in the game or not. More details will be forthcoming.

Article Link: Official Family Guy iOS Game Coming in 2014

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I sure hope Brian isn't in it. That dog was the worst character, by far. I'm glad they killed him off.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Stewie without Brian is like... it just doesn't work. Stewie needs Brian for his character to not suck.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Stewie without Brian is like... it just doesn't work. Stewie needs Brian for his character to not suck.

The interplay between Brian and Stewie was the best part of the show. Watching Family Guy without Brian is just like that time Andrew Dice Clay tried comedy without vulgarity . . . [cue cutaway to a clean-cut, non-funny Andrew Dice Clay standing before a silent room].

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
The interplay between Brian and Stewie was the best part of the show. Watching Family Guy without Brian is just like that time Andrew Dice Clay tried comedy without vulgarity . . . [cue cutaway to a clean-cut, non-funny Andrew Dice Clay standing before a silent room].

Totally agree. And If they really wanted to kill off Brian, they shouldn't have replaced him with some random other dog.

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
Totally agree. And If they really wanted to kill off Brian, they shouldn't have replaced him with some random other dog.

Vinny sucks. So far he sounds like an Italian-American gangster, but acts like a douchebag nice guy. They can't be serious with that guy...

AriX

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2007
"Details are scarce"? Really, MacRumors? Maybe that's because the thing isn't finished yet.

Also how is this news? There was an official Family Guy iOS game back in 2010, developed by Glu.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I sure hope Brian isn't in it. That dog was the worst character, by far. I'm glad they killed him off.

You probably won't stay glad for too long. These two episodes are airing next year, "Brian's a Bad Father" and "Brian the Closer". Also here's a preview of the Family Guy Christmas episode: Stewie devises a plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
I heard the game was supposed to be only around 500MB but once they added a certain giant chicken character the game grew to above 3GB. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.