Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Holy nuts !!

Stop copy you Apple you...

What the heck than this thing be now..... These VR headsets look "cool" (there's that magic word again), but serves no real purpose in today's reality, or even future reality..

Does Apple actually think this VR will take off in 5 years time ?? lol...

Ya, good luck with that...... While Apple continues to file for more patents than a house has bricks, i'll be merrily going strong on the Mac... Something, which I know will go somewhere....

This is just, picking out of the barrel that lucky number ..... One day, it may actually be a hit..

but till that happens..... keep trying,

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
This is Apple TV!

Do you actually think Apple is going to make TVs of various sizes, and people are going to just walk in and buy a huge box they cannot carry? If they do, will they do it as often as other iOS devices? This is the game changer if it's done right that we have been waiting for. An iOS based personal theater experience you can take with you anywhere!

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Are you kidding? Glasses make you look like a dork. Especially Google Glasses. But these will make you look totally bad-ass! Although you might need a helmet, body armor and a rifle to complete the look.

An a fedora to wear over the helmet; you can't just forget the fedora.

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
I'm just going to leave this here.

Attachments

• iGoggles.jpg
    iGoggles.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,159

Millah

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Imagine the kind of UI Apple could design on a product like this. It doesn't seem very likely, but man would it be cool.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
If Apple were considering something like this as a flagship product the final result would obviously need a good deal of refinement before launch. I guess would be probably at minimum, 5 years off.

I love the idea of a full HUD system though. I think once people become accustomed to using devices like Glass, a desire for a fuller interface will grow, as well as a willingness to wear things that are a little (but not much) bigger.

Lots of brainstorming ideas here. Maybe have a multiouch band that you reach up to use ... or better yet, maybe use your iWatch to control it via bluetooth. Hmm. Wonder if I have stumbled on to something Apple might be working on.

nws0291

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2006
If Apple does develop this product it would help push app support for Oculus Rift and Zeiss glasses.

Would be cool if these also worked for FPV flying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.