Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Wait where are all of the 'He's greedy rich' posts at now, like there were in the original thread....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

undesign

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
Clearly you know absolutely nothing about this. At all.

I don't get excited about a desktop with an intended purpose of being a disposable product. Are you in favour of forcing everyone using dual FirePro video cards even if the prosumer is a sound engineer?

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
Nice chunk of change going for a good cause. Props to Fadell.:)

Totally unrelated: Tie a string to it and it looks almost exactly like the mylar balloons from my daughter's b-day party.

Bosdavid

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
Rotterdam
Iew, it looks too much like a ball which you hang in the Christmas tree. :s
If they would make it matte, like the coloured iPods and they would choose strong primary colours. Like de (RED) iPod Nano.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Tony Fadell is awesome. For some reason I see him back at Apple someday. Maybe Apple will purchase Nest and he gets a top VP position and a huge bag of cash, haha.

I'd love to see Apple purchase Nest. But i doubt Tony would come back unless he was offered some SVP position.

elmateo487

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
What's the point? The vast majority of Mac Pros live under desks anyway. (Which makes it all the more annoying that they're cylindrical, as you can't properly shove them into the corner.)

Why would you shove a computer into a corner? Cutting off all air for it to breathe. Vents straight against a wall.... Lol. Especially if it is a powerful computer and you are actually doing something processor intensive, more so than apparently your word processing workstation machine.

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Why are people making an issue with the price?

1) It's for CHARITY. Price should never be a factor in the end if it's for charity.

2) Solid gold ear pods. That would go well with the gold iPhones.

3) Both are one of a kind.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Pro has gotta be the coolest PC design in years. I really really want one.

----------

Why are people making an issue with the price?

1) It's for CHARITY. Price should never be a factor in the end if it's for charity.

2) Solid gold ear pods. That would go well with the gold iPhones.

3) Both are one of a kind.

Because I've noticed people on this site are a tad bit mental.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
For once, a rich person splurge and we don't have to read "should have gone to charity!". :)

Note that sometimes I do agree with these comments, but in the end, one can do the hell one wants with one's money (or simply walk into Mordor)... :D

(Don't mind me, it's the end of the day...)

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2011
Spends 1.4 million on a computer and earphones yet cant use a decent camera to show it off??

If they had a professional camera macrumors would go wild about how rich and gloating and evil they are.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Haha 9to5Mac wonderboy tweeted Fadell to find out if he really bought these or is just "in possession" of them. :rolleyes:

Wiesenlooser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I don't know.

I still find it cynical that every quarter they make
Billions and billions of profit and have hundred billion cash lying around.

And what do they do for charity. Gather like 80 million which isn't even really their money.

Call me a pessimist but this is just one great stunt whereas they could do so much more if they truly cared (like bill gates who truly tries to do something good).

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
What's the point? The vast majority of Mac Pros live under desks anyway. (Which makes it all the more annoying that they're cylindrical, as you can't properly shove them into the corner.)
The "cheese-grater" Pros yes, given the size and utilitarian design, but I'd hazard a guess that the majority of "trashcan" Pro buyers will want this beauty somewhere on the desktop, just as we saw with the G4 Cube.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
this is just too freaky.......

he may just keep it as a collectors item.....

(People still do that right ?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.