Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grizzlyedwin

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Florida
Hey guys, I have currently own a late 2008 13" MacBook with 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400MM 256 MB and a 320 GB HDD and I wanted to know how much should I ask for this?

I'm giving it away with 2 covers, with 1 being new and the other being roughly beat up, the wall charger and a Magic Mouse.

I was considering seeing if I could get a trade for an iPad 3 at best on a local website equivalent to that of Craigslist and have been texted and called by some people interested but I haven't got a set deal yet for it.

mondayriot

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
I would say around the £350/$450 mark.

I'd forget putting the covers in the bid though, as items like that are personal choice and can actually reduce the amount you could get.

You may get more if you sell the magic mouse individually as well.

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Have a browser through websites such as ebay and craigslist looking at the average price your MB is going for, that will give you the best estimate. Keep in mind that ebay and paypal charge quite a heavy commission on sales so that will eat into anything you will make. If you live in the US have a look at trade-in services like gazelle, I think amazon do an trade-in program as well. Selling on ebay is probably the best way to maximise your profit. If you want to be on the safe side, you can start an ebay auction with a reserve price.

grizzlyedwin

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Florida
I got a trade set up for it. I'm getting an iPad mini in exchange for it, but I'm keeping the Magic Mouse though and either holding on to it in case I may need to replace my iMac one or I could sell it individually on eBay or something.

Thanks for the replies, guys and gals!

grizzlyedwin

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Florida
I'm sorry I may sound a bit undecisive, but since I got this deal set up for an iPad mini, I was wondering do you guys think it's a fair trade? I don't want to feel like I'm being half assed here.

I contacted the guy I'm setting the trade up with. I'm giving him my MacBook with the wall charger alone and he's giving me a 16 GB iPad mini with a cover and charger.

I think that's a fair trade at least to me. Does it sound fair to you guys?

Again, sorry for sounding so unsure, but I just want to avoid being half assed in the trade.

Thanks for your patience and comprehending me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.