Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Warner Bros. Entertainment and TT Games' LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, a part of the popular LEGO series of video games, has arrived in the App Store.

The game is a combination of two games released in 2005 and 2006 called LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and is credited with not only revitalizing the LEGO brand, but also kicking off the successful LEGO video game series.

LEGO Star Wars is a 3D platforming game that involves light puzzles in levels that re-tell the stories of all six Star Wars films, allowing players to play as characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader and over 100 others.

While the game doesn't include iOS game controller support, it does, like the other LEGO games, allow users to use either the "classic" or "touch" control scheme.

legostarwars.png
36 STORY MODE LEVELS + BONUS CONTENT

From the Trade Federation's "negotiations" with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn in The Phantom Menace to the space battle above Endor in Return of the Jedi, play the most memorable and exhilarating scenes from your favorite episodes. Also unlock special bonus content featuring Bounty Hunter missions, a special Challenge Mode, Arcade Levels, and more!

OVER 120 CHARACTERS

Play as your favorite Jedi Knight or Sith Lord! There are over 120 playable characters to unlock, including Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, and Boba Fett.

FORCE POWERS

Which side of the Force will you use? Both dark and light side characters have their own unique Force abilities. Will you use a Force Throw to defeat the Jedi or choose your Lightsaber and Force Push to take down the evil Empire?

LEGO STYLE GAMEPLAY

Smash objects into LEGO bricks and switch characters on the fly as you play through different story levels. Create your own Star Wars character mash-ups like Han Windu and Lando Amidala!

DYNAMIC CONTROL STYLES

Switch between "Classic" and "Touch Screen" controls to find the play-style that suits you best
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is available in the App Store for free. Episode 1 is a free download, but Episode II to Episode VI are in-app purchases. [Direct Link]

Article Link: 'LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga' Arrives in U.S. App Store

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
I played these when they first came out and they were surprisingly quite enjoyable. Glad to see them on iOS.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
do they have multiplayer support? the xbox360 version had it, was great fun..

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
I used to have this on my xbox 360 (back when I used to have an xbox 360) and it is an awesome game... and for once it looks like freemium done right where first episode comes free as a demo and then there is a single reasonably priced IAP to unlock the rest of the game - no constant nagging for microtransactions before you can move forward.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
What's with the focus on the U.S. App Store? This was released globally, why such a inward-looking title?

The San Andreas article also has the same self-serving style. You are aware that the internet, and this site, is read by people outside of the United States?!

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
What's with the focus on the U.S. App Store? This was released globally, why such a inward-looking title?

The San Andreas article also has the same self-serving style. You are aware that the internet, and this site, is read by people outside of the United States?!

Wait...you mean there is a world outside of the U.S.??

Ivan0310

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
Dallas, TX
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is available in the App Store for free. Episode 1 is a free download, but Episode II to Episode VI are in-app purchases.

$4.99 per trilogy or $14.99 for the whole thing (includes extras)? That's pretty steep. I'll stick to the console.

Last edited by a moderator:

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
So is there actually a free level? Or just walking around the Cantina? All the people I went up to were IAP's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.