Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscorbin

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Vallejo, CA
I import my photos by dragging the CF folder to the desktop, then I use Preview to look at them and trash the rubbish immediately, I like preview because I can delete straight from preview and I can also reorder the drawer of icons.

After the folder is sorted I give it a name that makes sense or if appropriate I put some of the shots in other folders of related things. Sometimes I use the Finder to look at them by setting a folder preference to huge thumbnails.

However I'm currently studying iPhoto in detail to see if it can work for me. I will not use it till I understand it completely and I'm satisfied with how it works. I don't particularly want millions of cluttered icons and folders that are only magically ordered by iPhoto.
that can run it.

the photographer i work for does the whole finder workflow thing only he uses photoshop 7.0

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I plan on using Aperture or LR. One or the other. I see people saying that they use Aperture and CS3 or LR and CS3. One can't just use Aperture or LR for storage and editing?

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
You could use either just for that, but for more robust editing you have to use Photoshop. The editing in Aperture/Lightroom is very good though.

dakis

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2004
Aperture + CS3. 90% aperture, 10% CS3. I probably could live without CS3 if I had to.

I also tried Lightroom (actually, I'm still waiting for my license key that I was supposed to get for free because I had bought Rawshooter Premium). But I didn't like it for two reason: 1. it's made by Adobe (which is worse than Microsoft in my eyes) and 2. I didn't find it as powerful as Aperture.

Aperture isn't a program for beginners, though, unless you're willing to spend a considerable amount of time getting into the whole work-flow idea. I found it had a rather steep learning-curve, too. It's not very intuitive to use but once you get used to it, it can be very efficient. It's also a resource-hog. Don't bother working with large libraries if you have less than 2gb of memory.

http://www.peterkisphotography.com

ldbhakre

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
Photo Viewer for mac

HI everybody,
I am new to mac and this forum. I want to have simple photo viewer in which entire folder can be viewed once click first photo and very important is it should have delete photo option on viewer. Can anybody suggest how to do this in existing viewer or suggest best photo viewer with these facility to be downloaded from Itunes? I tried but could not find single application for Macbook it shows all for Iphone and Ipad.

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
Photo Mechanic for very quick rating/culling/renaming/captioning/backup duties, then usually Aperture+PS, but I'm a RAW converter fanatic and will also use C1, PhotoNinja, DxO liberally as well, since no converters are created equal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.