Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Just a heads up for those of you with an iPad and edit on FCPX, ProCutX is free at the moment. I can't imagine it being free for a long time since it's a $25 app. It would probably be best to download it now.

Final-Cut-Pro-X-iPad-app-PROCUTX-Pixel-Film-Studios.jpg

Here is a link for more info, it is showing free in the iTunes store despite what there website shows.
http://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/plugin/app-procutx

This probably could go in the app section, but I feel it's more applicable to those that edit and work with digital video.

Last edited:

diamond3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
Ah, did not think about looking there. I just downloaded it and installed it and it asked me for an email address to send the server app to, but how long does it take them for sending that email to that email address?

I'm not sure, I don't have my iPad with me at the moment so I just downloaded it to my laptop for the time being. I did read online that some people had the email sent to their spam folder so maybe check there.

WRP

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Boston
The whole point of a control surface is speed. Without being able to feel the controls you have to look down to see what to adjust which slows you down. Control surfaces on tablets are probably the dumbest apps made. I tried vWave for all of an hour before I came to the realization they don't help you at all.

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
Thank you soo much, iv been waiting for this app to get a discount but for bloody free? amazinG!

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
It looks like I'm gonna spend tomorrow redownloading FCPX to play with this app.

This looks pretty cool, been thinking of getting a simple [physical] jogwheel for some time now. I guess this'll sort of give the feeling of a jogwheel.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Still free, get it while it's hot! I haven't used it yet so can't confirm how useful it actually is.

Edit: I got it up and running (anybody worried about using WiFi on their workstations due to cracked plugins simply create a device network that doesn't have internet and log your Mac and iPad onto that network) and I'm actually impressed. I'm not sure how useful it will be as I start using it but it does work and there is barely any lag at all. I thought there would be way more lag, everything is near instant. I like the export, send to compressor, and undo buttons built in. Get it while it's free!

Last edited:

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I don't see the point. All it really does is send keyboard presses to the mac them FCPX does the keyboard function. You could just use the keyboard.

You could... If you have all the assigned keys memorized. Also the scrub wheel makes thing a little easier.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
I don't see the point. All it really does is send keyboard presses to the mac them FCPX does the keyboard function. You could just use the keyboard.

me neither - having to look down on the ipad for a button press (instead of keeping one's hand on the keyboard) makes editing incredible slow. and JKL is also far faster than the scrub-wheel.

still, it works and it's free - maybe it makes sense for a second editor to also have access to the timeline without touching the first editor's keyboard... ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.