Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With Apple's new Mac Pro scheduled to launch this month but no exact availability date having been disclosed by Apple, many customers have been anxiously awaiting word on when the machines will be available for ordering. It now appears, however, that units are starting to make their way to Apple's retail stores, suggesting that a launch may be imminent.

apple_store_2013_mac_pro.jpg

One Twitter user has posted a photo of the new Mac Pro on display today at the Bromley store in the United Kingdom. The Tweet has apparently since been deleted, but has remained viewable to some users due to caching.

A follow-up Tweet indicates the store has received just three units so far, with more due later this week.

Apple frequently releases new products on Tuesdays, and thus the delivery of new Mac Pro units to Apple's retail stores could point to a release tomorrow, although there have been no specific claims of a Tuesday launch.

Update: It appears that this image may be from Apple's October 22 event that gave press a chance to look at the Mac Pro.

Article Link: Photo: New Mac Pro Arriving at Apple Retail Stores [Fake]

Last edited:

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
honestly i say tomorrow it'll be released, mainly a hunch, with maybe, just maybe a new 4K Thunderbolt display to go with, thats just a toss up but i say it'll be released tomorrow

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
I have to say, it does look really cool on a desk next to a big moniter.

sshambles

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2005
Australia
Damn they look good.
I had thought the height might have been taller but it really is an 8th the size of the previous Mac Pro.
Great stuff :apple:

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I would really like to buy one ... but the low-end will be underpowered and the high-end unaffordable ....sadly.

undesign

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
I hope on launch day they also revamp the GPU options and allow customers to opt for a single AMD 2XX series card... not everyone needs two or even a single FirePro card and not every application takes advantage of the GPU either. Doing this, would increase sales.... the baseline price tag is too high.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
What a great way to show off the power of the new Mac Pro by using a 4K Thunderb...oh wait that's just the same old display Apple released in 2011.

So I guess no demos of FCX running the little preview window at 1080p?

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2013
Incredible, the first photo of this machine to surface in the wild is at the Apple store 30mins drive from my house.

Heading down there tomorrow then...

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2013

Well. That's that then. I had 2 pretty exciting minutes, now back to waiting.

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
Okay, it could be wishful thinking, or perhaps just how the Mac Pro's shape distorts objects in its reflection, but doesn't the reflection of the side of the Thunderbolt Display look remarkably thinner than the current model?

EDIT: Welp, nevermind. I am sad now.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.