Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixgun

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2012
Great review man. I just bought a Caze bumper and the black leather apple case and after reading this I'm about to buy this case AND that awesome Airframe mount for my 5S. If every product on the internet had a review with these kind of detailed pics, I'd be broke!

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Great review man. I just bought a Caze bumper and the black leather apple case and after reading this I'm about to buy this case AND that awesome Airframe mount for my 5S. If every product on the internet had a review with these kind of detailed pics, I'd be broke!

Thanks Flexgun!

Every time I get a new phone I'll keep buying cases until I'm totally satisfied and this one seems to be it. Since this review I bought the clear and red field cases. The clear looked weird on my space grey but the red is awesome! Hasn't come off my phone since... It's even gotten darker in places (maybe from jean pockets?) and looks even better than when it was new. My sister in law was over and complaining about the cheep white case she bought so I showed her the cheeper / better clear Magpul I wasn't using. It looked waaaaaaaaaaay better on her gold iPhone 5sthan my phone. She left with it and loves it too!

One thing notable with the red version is that it does effect flash performance. Perhaps in future versions Magpul can make the rim black or at least larger to compensate for the 5s's double flash. I didn't experience this with the OD green version if anyone's wondering.

Chiba

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
Just got my black Magpul Field Case for 5s today. Had the sag on the bottom and did the hair dryer trick and it worked great! Very nice case...seems like it will provide good protection and the price was right to be sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.