Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dimitricook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Guys i have / had a warm screen on my 5s. sometimes it looks yellow but now it has become more white. I think i saw this before once and then it turned yellow again in some time.

I am totally not sure what is changing the white temprature on the screen but could this be the outside temprature? when its cold the screen turns more warm/yellow tone?

is this technically possible?

Nipommu

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011
this coming from a yellow-screen hater, you have a warmer screen. i do as well my iphone 5 is more yellow than others. from time to time you'll think your screen is not yellow, this is because of the lighting angles that affects it. it has nothing to do with glue drying, this has been debunked long ago. none of that drying up glue is true. its the calibration of the screen.

some phones are calibrated more yellow and some are not. i don't know if this is done intentionally or not but my guess is not. i even thought about putting my phone in the freezer for a bit but i started not caring. its not the temp that affects your "feeling" of the color, its the angle and lighting around you.

there is no fix to this. just stop caring thats what i did and i am happy hopefully my iphone 6 will be cool blue

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Your eyes will thank that you have a warmer screen since it's more relaxing to your brain.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
My screen is warm too. Compared to store units, my whites look "brown" and yellow. But in some lightning conditions it looks great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.