Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of the Christmas holiday, several major retailers are offering significant discounts on popular Apple products like the iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, and various iPads and Macs. We've gathered the best holiday deals below for consumers looking to get the latest Apple products for lower prices.

Some of these deals, many of which are in-store only, may vary by location and are only available while supplies last. All iPhone deals listed require a two-year contract.

walmartdeals.jpg
iPhone 5s (Regularly Starts at $199):

- $119, 16GB: Walmart (In-store only through Dec. 24)
- $119, 16GB: Sam's Club (In-store only through January)
- $125/$225/$325, 16/32/64GB: Best Buy (In-store and online)
- $120/$220/$320, 16/32/64GB: MacMall (In-store only through Dec. 19)
- $150, 16GB: Target (In-store only)
- $119/$219/$319, 16/32/64GB: Fry's (In-store only)

iPhone 5c (Regularly Starts at $99):

- $25, 16GB: Sam's Club (In-store only through January)
- $27, 16GB: Walmart (In-store only through Dec. 24)
- $20/$120, 16/32GB: MacMall (In-store only through Dec. 19)
- $50/$150, 16/32GB: Best Buy (In-store and online)
- $50 with $50 Target gift card, 16GB: Target (In-store only)

16 GB iPad mini (Regularly $299):

- $260: Toys R Us (In-store only)
- $299 with $50 Walmart gift card (In-store only through Dec. 24)
- $299 with $100 RadioShack gift card (In-store only through Dec. 24)
- $299 with $30 Target gift card (In-store and online)

iPad Air (Regularly Starts at $499):

- $479, 16GB: MacMall (In-store and online)
- $450/$550, 16/32GB: Toys R Us (In-store only)

Macs:

- $100 off MacBook Airs: Best Buy
- $160 off 21.5-inch iMacs, Models ME086LL/A and ME087LL/A: Best Buy
- $160 off 27-inch iMac, Model ME088LL/A: Best Buy
- $24-$49 off current generation 13-inch Retina MacBook Pros: MacMall
- $59-$99 off current generation 15-inch Retina MacBook Pros: MacMall
- $29 off current generation 13-inch MacBook Air: MacMall
- $10-$102 off current generation iMacs: MacMall

MacMall's Mac deals last through December 19, while Best Buy's are through December 24. Both are available both in-store and online.

Article Link: Best Holiday 2013 Deals on iPhones, iPads, and Macs

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I love how MacMall prices are always included, even though that is what they normally charge. Kind of as a way of reminding us that other retailer's sale prices are usually not really very notable (more for computers than iDevices of course).

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
A few years ago you would see $50 discount as awesome on black friday. It's interesting to see much bigger discounts nowadays.

OriginalMacRat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2007
Not a Deal

These aren't iPhone deals.

The storefronts are competing with each other to lure suckers into signing up for contracts which they get a bounty on.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
If the phones were $119 OFF contract, I'd totally be down. No upgrade until March, though, and even then I'm waiting until the iPhone 6 to upgrade.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Why do all of these deals require a 2 year contract? Where are the deals on the unlocked iPhones?

ds705

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2013
I always buy my phone from my carrier, is it any different if I go to Walmart to buy my phone?

Whiteknight55

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I just bought a 64 GB 5S a week ago for full (2 year extension) price at the Apple Store. Do you think I have any recourse other than just returning and re-buying from Best Buy? I wonder how long it will take the system to refresh my upgrade eligibility after the return.

MrMichaelJames

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2010
I was going to go to best buy online and get a new 5s for my wife. But then i read the fine print, you can't just order it online and they ship it to you. You order it online, then you have to bring your old phone in and they activate it there. So much for a surprise present and the hassle.

gianic

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
California
I may be mistaken, but...

If you qualify for Apple's Educational discounts, they are a better "deal" than what is offered at MacMall.

Disclaimer... Apple's Educational discounts only apply to their Mac line. (iMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, Mac Pro)

Last edited:

steelecan

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
My upgrade is always on the 4,5,6, model iPhones around when they come out in October. Usually I get them the 1st day. Seeing these huge savings for Black Friday and Christmas, I think I'll wait 2 months for these big savings. I'll try at least lol

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Why do all of these deals require a 2 year contract? Where are the deals on the unlocked iPhones?

The deals are on two-year contracts, because that's where the wireless companies make their money. Exchanging lower profits for a locked in customer.

JoeBobBriggs

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
Who offers the best trade-in deal? My brother wants to give me his old 4S so I can upgrade and I was wondering who will give the most money back for the phone.

bailorg

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
For those looking for an Apple TV

Amazon currently is selling them for $84. Also, Amazon's price tends to fluctuate seemingly day-to-day, so this price might not last.

ScrewMacMall

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
No really Screw MacMall

Buyer beware at MacMall. I ordered an iPad Air from them on Thanksgiving (Nov 28 for our non-American friends) and was told they would be on backorder until Dec 6. Well then it became Dec 13, and now its Dec 24. I passed up other Black Friday deals because it was supposed to ship early December. Now my choices are to order it at full retail price direct from Apple or I won't even have it by Christmas. Had I know I could have received the gift card from Apple ordering on Black Friday.

Now you may say they can not control what their supplier (Apple) does and to a point I would agree with you. However I called them earlier this week as a new buyer stating that I saw they were back ordered and wanted to now when they would be getting more in stock. They told me Dec 24. So even though they have back orders stacked up from Thanksgiving they are telling new customers that they will be getting more in stock on the same date that they telling someone who ordered three weeks ago. If you order from them do not bank on what you are promised.

If you google "MacMall backorder" you'll see they have a history of doing this kind of thing with new Apple products. More honest retailers will simply state they do not know when they will get more in stock rather than string you along with promises to try and lock in your purchase.

I ask that Macrumors stop tacitly endorsing MacMall by mentioning their sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.