Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rjholmes99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
I'm looking for a good car mount that can hold my Iphone, possibly that can hold my Ipod too..?
Any ideas?

randyculpepper

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
Get the spiderpodium

The spiderpodium works as a perfect car mount for anything, including iphone or ipod. They're only $20 as well. PERFECT christmas gift.:)

galblcar.JPG

galredb.JPG

http://www.breffo.com

ericstuart1006

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
Hello,

Some cars providing this feature when you buy a car but if you dont have it in your car then there is a socket available for that. You have to stick it on to your dash board. It is available for various models. You can search it on your nearest car accessories store.

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
I recently purchased a iottie car mount on a daily steal site for like 5 bucks and couldn't be happier. It's versatile you can mount on a dash or window if you want. Minde has been suctioned to my windshield since days one and hasn't moved an inch great product.

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
It depends.

A lot of it has to do with your specific vehicle and where the iDevice mount is placed.

I have one of those iPhone/iPod mounts that plugs into a cigarette lighter plug. It works, but just barely clears the center console. Also, due to the placement of the cigarette lighter, it more or less renders the front passenger's cup holder inaccessible. In addition, my car has manual transmission, so sometimes my view of my iPhone is obscured by my right hand if it is on the stick shift.

The mounts that sit in a CD slot aren't always better. Some units might actually still be accessible. Others may not. My after-market head unit has a remote which can control most functions of the unit. That's good because a CD-mounted smartphone/tablet holder would obstruct most of the buttons.

You should look very closely at your car's head unit, as well as cigarette lighter plug and determine for yourself if a given third-party mounting solution will work for you. These vary wildly between various vehicles and model years, there's no way to make a specific recommendation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.