Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lesferdinand

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2013
Already an update? That's reassuring.

Actually, it is. It means they've been manufacturing units for at least some time. If manufacturing had to wait till firmware development was complete, there would be no stock on launch day.

rshanahan

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2007
North East, MD
You would think that the KB on Apple's web site would at least have the correct image of a Late 2013 Mac Pro. Oh wait, maybe THEY don't have one yet either! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 7.40.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-19 at 7.40.10 PM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 73

Gallion

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2011
In the words of the Onion, "in the business world, where people use computers for actual work and not just dicking around."

Windows 8 with Metro presents HUGE workflow and user friendliness issues. It actually gets in your way of doing things. So I really wonder what you're talking about here, unless we're talking about Windows 7.

Macyourdayy

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2011
In the words of the Onion, "in the business world, where people use computers for actual work and not just dicking around."

You do realise that The Onion is not an actual news site, even though they have more news than "actual" news sites and this Business World, is it like West World and Future World, because it sure feels like it.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Improves bits of Bootcamp? Who on earth would sully this thing with a Windows boot partition? :eek:
Many professionals use Windows on Mac hardware, because Windows has much better drivers than OS X and more software.

Your post shows, that you are not in the target group.

----------

There will be many more than 7 receiving this in 2013.
Yeah, 8.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
Windows 8 with Metro presents HUGE workflow and user friendliness issues. It actually gets in your way of doing things. So I really wonder what you're talking about here, unless we're talking about Windows 7.

I'm pretty sure the poster was being funny... People take things way too seriously sometimes in here... ;-)

BillyTrimble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2013
People take things way too seriously sometimes in here... ;-)

The problem here is that if you come here for intelligent information or discussion, you are now largely wasting your time. I guess the forum moderators want their forum to be a place for bad comedians to show their wares rather than Mac users to intelligence.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I'm pretty sure the poster was being funny... People take things way too seriously sometimes in here... ;-)

The problem here is that if you come here for intelligent information or discussion, you are now largely wasting your time. I guess the forum moderators want their forum to be a place for bad comedians to show their wares rather than Mac users to intelligence.

I intelligence just fine, but you kind of prove his point.

marioguarneros

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Many professionals use Windows on Mac hardware, because Windows has much better drivers than OS X and more software.

Your post shows, that you are not in the target group.

----------

Yeah, 8.

More software? Yes, but I take quality over quantity any day.

Better drivers? Care to give a real life example? Anything that you plug into a Mac that is officially and explicitly supported runs as expected.

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012

I like you. :D

On topic comment so mods don't flip out: Well, this should certainly improve things and stuff on the new Mac Pro! Yup!

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010

Unfortunately you have contributed neither intelligent information nor discussion to this thread. At best quoting attempts at humor will only encourage more.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
You do realise that The Onion is not an actual news site, ...

Sure feels truthful at times, though, doesn't it?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-who-has-something-seriously-wrong-with-him-on,34011/

... Plus a lot of the political satire, and the people merely dicking around on computers comment...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.