Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scotty2Hotty999

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Not Charging

Ok so i recently tryed jailbreaking my 4.2.1 Ipod with redsn0w version 0.9.15b1. then when I went to turn on my IPod it is frozen at the Apple logo screen. Then about 10 minutes later a Youtube looking buffering circle apears underneath the apple logo and then freezes again! :( I tried what you told me with the Hold the home and the power button then it goes to the charging battery with the zap thing underneath. But then a minute later It goes back to the apple logo freezing again! :( any help??

digoxkiller

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2013
Answer to your solution

Ok now here is what you do the key thing is to let the battery to completely drain out and then recharge your iPod..... and if that doesn't work than what you gotta do is plug you iPod into the computer and hold both buttons down at the same time till you see your iPod reset to the apple sign again than let go right away. You will have to wait 5-15 mins then you will here a ding or click noise than after that your set :)

itouchmaster336

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message
Must use computer? Cos i don't have computer even a laptop

kendl

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2013
This may work if you still had problems like me

1.HOLD DOWN SLEEP BUTTON AND MENU BUTTON TO TURN OFF IPOD

2.STILL HOLDING DOWN HOME BUTTON..PLUG IPOD INTO COMPUTER\

3. GO INTO ITUNES

Hope this helps anyone

ya, i know this forum is pretty damn old..

lollipop824

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2013
My ipod touch has done this many times!!!!

THE SOLUTION

1: PLUG YOUR IPOD INTO YOUR COMPUTER!!!

2: HOLD THE "HOLD" AND THE "MENU" BUTTON UNTIL THE TOUCH'S SCREEN GOES BLACK AND SHOWS THE APPLE LOGO AGAIN THEN RELEASE THE BUTTONS!!!

3: WAIT ABOUT 5-15 MINUTES!!!

4: YOUR COMPUTER WILL MAKE A "CHIME" SOUND AND THEN THE IPOD WILL SHOW THE LOCKED SCREEN WITH THE BATTERY LOGO...

This works every time for me when my ipod crashes, the screen is stuck on the apple logo or if the screen goes white...

Hope this helps
Edit/Delete Message
This didn't work for me! I pressed the two buttons and it went black. Then the apple sign came up. You see, what's been happening with my iPod is that it'll be on for about 10 seconds, and then go to the apple logo, or a fuzzy grey or black screen. So, after the apple logo came on, it didn't go to the battery/charging sign, it went straight to the numbers to type in my password. I logged in, 1o-15 seconds later it crashed. It has gone white once too. Please help if anyone knows a different way!:(

----------

Ok so i recently tryed jailbreaking my 4.2.1 Ipod with redsn0w version 0.9.15b1. then when I went to turn on my IPod it is frozen at the Apple logo screen. Then about 10 minutes later a Youtube looking buffering circle apears underneath the apple logo and then freezes again! :( I tried what you told me with the Hold the home and the power button then it goes to the charging battery with the zap thing underneath. But then a minute later It goes back to the apple logo freezing again! :( any help??

I have the exact same problem with it going back and forth from the apple logo to my iPod lock screen!:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.