Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you elect to use uninstaller apps, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.
The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
If you elect to use uninstaller apps, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.
The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

Listen to this guy. Also, there are times (upgrading) where you may not want to remove everything and doing so will result in data loss. Using tools like these can result in loss of important data. I do not suggest using uninstaller tools. Doing so is basically at your own risk.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I haven't used uninstallers for years.
Just thought if anything has changed in that spectrum.

I have used uninstallers way back with classic environment. I think 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.