Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halleinaustria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2013
I've just bought a Nikon SO1. When I try to download photos directly from the camera to the iPad (which did without problems from my previous camera) I get the message"The connected device requires too much power".
I have an iPad2 WI-FI + 3G. The Nikon Coolpix SO1 doesn't have a memory card, the photos are saved in the camera. The camera downloads normally to my pc. Can this be true? Can anyone explain what is happening here.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I've just bought a Nikon SO1. When I try to download photos directly from the camera to the iPad (which did without problems from my previous camera) I get the message"The connected device requires too much power".
I have an iPad2 WI-FI + 3G. The Nikon Coolpix SO1 doesn't have a memory card, the photos are saved in the camera. The camera downloads normally to my pc. Can this be true? Can anyone explain what is happening here.

It means what it means. Any camera connected to the iPad will attempt to draw needed power from the iPad. If the need is too high then the iPad won't allow it. Try plugging the camera into the wall and hopefully that is solve the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.