Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpfenninger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2005
I apologize in advance if this has already been answered elsewhere, but here it goes...

I am looking to extend/boost the signal of my Airport Express. It is the main router to my internet connection, broadcasting to several devices around my house with a strong signal. However, once you step onto my back deck, the signal degrades precipitously.

I have a Tenda W268R Wireless-N router laying around that I got for free, and I was wondering if I could somehow set it up near the deck so that it picks up the signal from the AE and extends it out so that I can work from the backyard (the weather is starting to get nicer!).

I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy, but when it comes to networking I'm still fairly novice, so any coaching/guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

dpace32

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
I know this thread is old but did you have any luck? I have a similar setup and the Tenda W268R is a pain to deal with :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.