Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
http://m.cnet.com/news/japans-iosys-clones-the-iphone-5c-slaps-on-android/57616077

Well, that's rather uncomfortable. I liked how Apple changed the game up with their colorful iPhones. I still can't see the Android ecosystem on anything less than a 4.5 inch screen, and be happy about it though.

I never do like how knock-offs can try to mimic the external to a T, but still be so keen on using horrid internals.

Anyone here ever have a good experience with a knock-off?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Gee wiz. It seems like everyone is in such a rush to copy what they perceive to be Apples "Less patented, less noticed" iPhone model. As much as I like android, this intentional knock-off like theft is definitely too much.

This has been happening for years with iphones and is definitely not new to the 5c

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
A lot of things don't matter, I was just expressing an opinion. I'm sure that's okay in a forum right?

You missed my point.

I am more saying why people seem to be so upset about lookalike products. Or you can be sanctimonious and pretend I'm attacking your right to have an opinion.

It is called a question, part of a discussion. That is what you have on forums. If you didn't want feedback, you should have just had a blog.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
You missed my point.

I am more saying why people seem to be so upset about lookalike products. Or you can be sanctimonious and pretend I'm attacking your right to have an opinion.

It is called a question, part of a discussion. That is what you have on forums. If you didn't want feedback, you should have just had a blog.

Um, they still have options to add opinions on a blog. I'm not particularly upset, I'm just a bit annoyed is all. After all the trouble they put Samsung though, I'd think they'd be raising hell right now.

You don't have to get all up in arms. It's the internet. Winning an argument is like winning the Special Olympics.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Um, they still have options to add opinions on a blog. I'm not particularly upset, I'm just a bit annoyed is all. After all the trouble they put Samsung though, I'd think they'd be raising hell right now.

You don't have to get all up in arms. It's the internet. Winning an argument is like winning the Special Olympics.

And you chose, yet again, to not answer my question. Seriously, opinion doesn't mean "don't ever question me".

If you're not willing to have a discussion, why post it here at all? Did you just want sycophantic "you are so right"? Is this all about your ego?

kdarling

macrumors P6
This has been happening for years with iphones and is definitely not new to the 5c

Yep, and it didn't even start with the iPhone. Before Apple came along, there were knock-offs of phones from RIM, Motorola, Nokia.

Back then, though, cloners often used stolen copies of Windows Mobile as the OS of choice. Now, Android is free and legal.

It'd actually be kind of sad if no one thought well enough of your phone to clone its looks :)

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Yep, and it didn't even start with the iPhone. Before Apple came along, there were knock-offs of phones from RIM, Motorola, Nokia.

Back then, though, cloners often used stolen copies of Windows Mobile as the OS of choice. Now, Android is free and legal.

It'd actually be kind of sad if no one thought well enough of your phone to clone its looks :)

That's true. When looked at that way, it's pretty much a compliment.
I wonder if it's the exact same kind of plastic on these clones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.