Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markw10

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
I am looking for a Remote Screen Sharing type of software that can be used for training and troubleshooting purposes and it needs to work on both Mac and Windows.
The situation I have is I use Mac only except for Windows running under VMWare but I will need to be doing work at home for an office that is 500 miles away and they use Windows only.
I want to be able to view the screen of the computer that is 500 miles away and also be able to control it such as using the mouse to walk the person using that computer through menus and doing work for training purposes. I also if possible want to be fully able to use the computer where I could view files, print files if possible, save files, even copy files to that computer and back to mine.
If possible I'm willing to have software that runs on Windows on my side but I prefer the Mac side but I know I will also need the Windows version for the computer on the other side.
I have known nothing about this type of software. Does anybody have a suggestion of a program I should look into for this purpose?
Thank you for your help.

billheaven

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
I would recommend deploying on premise RHUB remote support appliances for remotely accessing computers. It provides you remote support, desktop sharing, web conferencing etc. all in one box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.