Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheekin99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
hi , my power mac g5 got a problem is when i start the mac it show me a grey screen 1-2 sec and show a grey screen again with a mac and question mark folder.
anybody help me :D
thanks

And

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
92 ft above sea level, UK
hi , my power mac g5 got a problem is when i start the mac it show me a grey screen 1-2 sec and show a grey screen again with a mac and question mark folder.
anybody help me :D
thanks

It can't find an OS, probably your HD has gone, so you'll need a new one. Put your back up on to it and you're away again.

Hopefully a mod can move to a more appropriate forum.

cheekin99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
u mean i need a new hard disck?
or got other way to fix.
thank for ur reply ;)

cheekin99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
thanks budd, but i put the disck into it and press down "C" it show me grey screen like 10-20second and back to the questions mark and mac logo folder screen...
what happen:confused:

And

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
92 ft above sea level, UK
thanks budd, but i put the disck into it and press down "C" it show me grey screen like 10-20second and back to the questions mark and mac logo folder screen...
what happen:confused:

Snow leopard wont work on a G5. Until you get 10.5 you wont be able to check the disk or reinstall on a new drive.

cheekin99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for reply. But... I have a 10.5retail disk but it stuck on my macbook pro 17inch 2006, and now the MB pro got a problem too, that is when i turn it on it stay black screen and caps lock light didn't on...
And now the disk cant take out...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.