Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Yes, me too. but BOOTCAMP does not boot properly from mac

Still unclear what you mean, I'm able to boot either Win or Mac OS just fine, no issues if I'm on OS X and need to restart to Win, I just change the startup disc in system preferences to the Win partition

nox-uk

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2012
I'm going to chime in a bit here :D

I managed to get Windows 7 & Windows 8 dual booting off of one of these things with Mac OS a while ago. It was all fine and working but i'd occasionally experience the odd hang under windows, especially when booting the partition in parallels.

Recently, my superdrive starting making a grating noise, and as I rarely used it (and have a blu ray drive in there anyway, I removed it, and relocated my MacOS/Windows drive there. Best move I ever did. Lockups/hangs and the BSOD's are gone. Completely, even under parallels.

Unfortunately, it's made my velocity somewhat redundant, not sure what to do with it now. I'm probably going to use it as an app/scratch drive under MacOS only. I never felt a speed difference, although the numbers told me otherwise. I did notice boot times are faster currently as the velocity is removed...

Nox

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.