Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
I have tried several times to load so called mac os (made for the pc) on a pc and got as far as it booted and then fails.
Does anyone know a mac os not too far back that would work on a dell notebook.
Looking for this type of software to run under VM ware on at the pc
Thanks

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I've not ever heard of a "mac os (made for the pc)"
There is no version from Apple that was offered that way, and will always have OS X in the name.
Unless you have a really old version - pre - OS X which would be called MacOS 8, or 9, or even (if from early 90s) System 7 or older.
If you have a DVD or CD, can you describe what's on the label?
If you downloaded this from somewhere, the name of the file might tell something, too.
What else can you tell us about the "mac os" that you have?
You may even discover what you want to find out about loading OS X in VMWare on a Windows PC laptop (and lots of other choices) here: http://www.osx86project.org

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I've not ever heard of a "mac os (made for the pc)"
There is no version from Apple that was offered that way, and will always have OS X in the name.
Unless you have a really old version - pre - OS X which would be called MacOS 8, or 9, or even (if from early 90s) System 7 or older.
If you have a DVD or CD, can you describe what's on the label?
If you downloaded this from somewhere, the name of the file might tell something, too.
What else can you tell us about the "mac os" that you have?
You may even discover what you want to find out about loading OS X in VMWare on a Windows PC laptop (and lots of other choices) here: http://www.osx86project.org

The only way you can get a "made for PC" version is to pirate the OS, so I don't think you should try helping this guy.

vance09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2009
such a stir

Sorry to cause such a stir, the disk i had which almost worked was in 2009 called IATKOS ver 7.0 but it did not work properly.
There must be something new out there that does work by now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.