Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antoniojg25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Good afternoon guys happy holidays too all of you just i have a few questions i just got iphone 5s a couple days ago, and since i got the iphone it keep saying 4g instead of LTE and i download the bank of America app and the app won't open and keep saying waiting.... it has been like that for days... what should i do please?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Good afternoon guys happy holidays too all of you just i have a few questions i just got iphone 5s a couple days ago, and since i got the iphone it keep saying 4g instead of LTE and i download the bank of America app and the app won't open and keep saying waiting.... it has been like that for days... what should i do please?

1) If it says 4G and not LTE, you are not in an LTE spot. If you believe you are in a LTE location, go to settings and reset network settings.

2) Try holding down the icon till it wiggles and delete it. Restart the phone and then try downloading it again. If it does not give you an option to delete the app, just do a hard reset (hold power button and home button down for 15 seconds or so) The app should disappear at this point and try to download it again.

Good luck.

antoniojg25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
1) If it says 4G and not LTE, you are not in an LTE spot. If you believe you are in a LTE location, go to settings and reset network settings.

2) Try holding down the icon till it wiggles and delete it. Restart the phone and then try downloading it again. If it does not give you an option to delete the app, just do a hard reset (hold power button and home button down for 15 seconds or so) The app should disappear at this point and try to download it again.

Good luck.
i did that and the app keep saying waiting and also i'm on LTE spot and did the reset network settings the first time i got the iphone still saying 4G i think i will call att because i used to have iphone 5 and it didn't happen before

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
i did that and the app keep saying waiting and also i'm on LTE spot and did the reset network settings the first time i got the iphone still saying 4G i think i will call att because i used to have iphone 5 and it didn't happen before

AT&T can reactivate your phone which should re-enable LTE. Happened to me when I switched from my iPhone 5 to 5S. Just a glitch in the original activation. Just make sure you call them from another phone because you have to turn your current one off for a few minutes while it updates in their system.

The only other suggestion I have for the app is to download it through iTunes and Sync it on to the device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.