Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jomle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
My problem is when I stream movies or series in fullscreen using ex. Netflix to my TV screen via VGA cable, Silverlight goes crazy and uses between 130-150 % CPU and the exhaust fans become very noisy because of the heat. I've tried resetting RAM and NVRAM, helped a little, but it still uses a lot of CPU.

This is very annoying and it hasn't always been like that. Anybody know what the problem could be?

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
My problem is when I stream movies or series in fullscreen using ex. Netflix to my TV screen via VGA cable, Silverlight goes crazy and uses between 130-150 % CPU and the exhaust fans become very noisy because of the heat. I've tried resetting RAM and NVRAM, helped a little, but it still uses a lot of CPU.

This is very annoying and it hasn't always been like that. Anybody know what the problem could be?

You can try going to "Display" in "System Preferences" and reduce the resolution of the external monitor if you can. VGA vs. HDMI won't make any difference.

Jomle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
I updated to Maverick, that seems to have kind of fixed it.

Thanks for the replies :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.