Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rick314

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
Liberty Lake, WA
Is there a common place to post and download files developed for the Mac OSX Grapher application (in Utilities)? I am aware of the .gcx files at http://y.barois.free.fr/grapher (a very helpful Grapher site) but wondered about other archive locations.

I attached a .gcx file I recently developed for Grapher 2.5 in OS X Mavericks, along with a screen shot of Grapher showing the equations and resulting 3D rotating intertwined tube. I learned how to do it by reading the documentation (English or French) at the site mentioned. The attached .zip file can be unzipped by opening it with the "Archive Utility" program. Then open the resulting Lissajous.gcx file using "Open With Grapher" (to see "sure you want to open it?" and answer "Open") instead of opening using a double-click (that just says "You can't open it" without an option to open it anyway).

Attachments

• Lissajous3D.zip
    896 KB · Views: 105
  • Lissajous3D.png
    Lissajous3D.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

Rick314

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2013
Liberty Lake, WA
Ignore this if you aren't interested in Grapher. I attached an improved 3D Lissajous curve with animated complexity.

Attachments

• Lissajous3Dv2a.png
    Lissajous3Dv2a.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Lissajous3Dv2b.png
    Lissajous3Dv2b.png
    374 KB · Views: 136
  • Lissajous3Dv2.gcx.zip
    786.7 KB · Views: 114

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I honestly didn't know people shared their Grapher creations! This is interesting. :)

That being said, perhaps now's the time to invest in some web design software, and make a Grapher-related site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.