Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPM42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
My niece was given an iPad 2 from her parents, for Christmas. Unfortunately, her parents aren't too tech savvy, so when it was first set up, it was mistakenly set up to her mom's Apple ID. To remedy this, once I got it, I erased and reset the iPad and gave my niece her own Apple ID. While everything went smoothly, the problem is that she's unable to get the iWork/iLife apps for free. I tried signing out and signing back into the iTunes Store, but no luck.

When I went to the My Support profile to register her iPad to see if that would trigger the free apps, it said that the iPad was tied to another Apple ID, which I'd guess would be her mother's.

Simply put, is there a way to fix this or is this something that I would need to e-mail/call Apple for? If the latter, which would be the best number/e-mail to try?

Thanks!

piriawan

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2013
Have you tried to log in to the app store using the FIRST Apple ID used to activate that iPad? (In this case, the mother's Apple ID)

You can switch back to use your niece's Apple ID after that, if it works

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2011
Login in to her mums apple support profile and unregister the device then login to her support profile and register

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.