Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertoG

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
Since my first 7.0.x was 7.0.4 (holding out much?) I have no first hand experience with auto-updates in iOS 7.
I've read that an iPhone will auto download the new iOS as soon as it becomes available from Aple, and it will eat your bandwidth and storage without your consent. Bad enough as it is.
However, is Apple going to push 7.0.5 to be actually installed? Is there any precedent?
The obvious reasons for the undesirability of 7.0.5 don't need introduction. Steve would have ordered the Apple-Israel office to work through Xmas to have a solution.
Even more reason: China's impending iPhone market explosion... Will it be with a jail breakable iOS version?

Last edited:

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Not sure what you mean by Israel or China...

But the auto-update in iOS 7 doesn't auto install the new version. It only downloads it to your device.

RobertoG

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2013
Apple Israel is the only human resource available through these Holidays, and Apple is (or should be) in scramble mode.
The iPhone launch on china mobile is on January 17, opening a massive flood of jail breakable iPhones in China, unless Apple does something about it.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Apple Israel is the only human resource available through these Holidays, and Apple is (or should be) in scramble mode.
The iPhone launch on china mobile is on January 17, opening a massive flood of jail breakable iPhones in China, unless Apple does something about it.

Most of those will come with 7.04 or even 7.03 installed. Not much Apple can do about those.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

Even some of today's replacement iPhone 5's can come with 6.1.4 (as mines did). This was around 2 weeks ago though but I don't that would change much since iOS 7 has been out for a few months now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.